cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAMP SCAM...or not ? Opinions please....

I've been selling stamps on eBay since its existence. Please let me know your opinion on this one. Buyer is in Israel and I can't name because of rules violations.  He bought an Israel lot from me for $30+ in August 2019.  Never heard anything for a month so left positive feedback. He immediately bought a second item for $45 in Sept. I shipped next day and he THEN informs me he didn't receive the first item.   I said lets wait a bit longer but was required to give refund. . Two months after second item was shipped I suspect all is ok and leave positive feedback for the second item.  Immediately receive ebay notification that he didn't receive second item.  So now I've provided 2 refunds along with 2 positive feedbacks and suspect he has 2 free items.  Is this a very clever scheme to obtain material and receive positive feedback in the process or is paranoia setting in ? 🙂  BTW...there is no acceptable tracking available sending items of this price in a letter sized envelope.  Ebay wants to treat it like an International package shipment at a high shipping cost of which no customer would pay for that.  Also, registered mail from US is far too expensive for purchases at this level.  (I do use registered for international shipments of $100 or more).  Would love your opinions....  THANKS.....KIM

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kim,

I have used proof of mailing in the past with good result in the same situation. costs a buck 45 and worth it! I use it if the item cost is over $20.00.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I understand I can use proof of mailing but buyer can still claim he didn't receive it. It just proves that I mailed it. That unfortunately won't hold any water with eBay. Thanks for the response.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would put him on my no bid list. And get signature confirmation and insurance. It sounds like a scam.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply