cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old mets signatures ball

so I have a Mets ball from recently deceased Al Jackson inscribed to his "roomie" with about 14 other 60s Mets signatures as well. I have two questions. First, I want to get a better idea how to value for auction. Sounds odd but is a multi signed ball worth less than a single signed ball? Would a good method to value be to look at past sales with each of the names, add up and divide by say half the total? I know condition is important and do not want to bother with a card shop and their cut. Also, there is provenance from the inscription, but it is not certified. I find that a waste of money for items not pristine. But if I was to get certified, how much do they charge for a ball with 15 signatures? None are Hall of Famers but some are lesser Mets stars. Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

old mets signatures ball

Unless there is someone on the ball that is tougher to find, a random Mets ball with no star power from the 60s (Assuming all sigs are that era from what you described) is not going to be desirable to most collectors.  Hodges and/or Stengel are probably two key draws to a Mets ball of that era.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply