cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REAL or FAKE ? 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax RC Rookie Card PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY ....THANKS :)

Hey everyone! I found some older sports cards and was wondering specifically if the Sandy Koufax 1955 Topps is real or fake? I found it with some other cards that I beleive to be real like a MJ Rookie, a DR. J RC and a Nolan Ryan RC and some other cards as well. I am only leaning towards fake at all because it seems to be in very good condition. Please help me out I want to send it in to get graded by PSA but only if it seems to be real. If you need more specific pics or anything like that to help you please let me know and I will upload them. The card is not standard size it is IMG_6864.jpgIMG_6865.jpgIMG_6857.jpgIMG_6859.jpgIMG_6861.jpgIMG_6863.jpgIMG_6862.jpgIMG_6860.jpg3 3/4" by 2 5/8" Thanks in advance!   

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

REAL or FAKE ? 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax RC Rookie Card PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY ....THANKS :)

The first thing to do is check the size of the card.  Find some 1955 commons and stack them next to your koufax.  The easiest thing to do to counterfeit is trim a card so the corners are sharp.  But the card will then be smaller.  The 55s should all be the same.

The next thing 50's counterfeiters do is put a photo copy of the front and back on to old paper of the proper size.  It really is hard to do that and a view of the side of the card should show a forgery, if you have a true card to compare it to.

If uncertain, spend a few bucks with psa.  It is worth it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I cannot say for sure if all those cards are authentic. Get them authenticated by the PSA. If they are all real, you just hit the jackpot. Good luck to you.😊

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The cards you have pictured are cards that are all commonly counterfeited cards.   With the Koufax, it does not look good....the pixels do not look right at all, and the card appears very well centered.   With the Koufax, a simple test is to compare the pixelation of the image, the feel, as well as the thickness of the Koufax to a known authentic 1955 Topps card....a common card from that set is easy to find.    The other 3 cards are heavily counterfeited.   You can google how to spot a fake Jordan RC and look for the tell-tales.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I did the research on the Jordan and it is real for sure. The things to look for on that one were easy to spot and tell. I could not find any similar things for the 1955 card. Thanks for your response and insight though I appreciate it. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The first thing to do is check the size of the card.  Find some 1955 commons and stack them next to your koufax.  The easiest thing to do to counterfeit is trim a card so the corners are sharp.  But the card will then be smaller.  The 55s should all be the same.

The next thing 50's counterfeiters do is put a photo copy of the front and back on to old paper of the proper size.  It really is hard to do that and a view of the side of the card should show a forgery, if you have a true card to compare it to.

If uncertain, spend a few bucks with psa.  It is worth it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your insight I decided to just send them all in to PSA! Cheers 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I though Koufax was 1959 Topps. I have that set. Or maybe it's Robinson the rookie card.....

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Wrong and wrong.  ***SIGH***

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Nancy:  good to hear from you.  No, koufax rookie was 1955.

Op, did you ever send your cards in to PSA?  Curious as to results.

mike

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

They were all fakes for the record...till this day I am still stumped on the Jordan? But thanks for everyone who weighed in !!! 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

That stinks, hopefully you were not out too much.   Guess the Jordan RC counterfeiters have upped their game by producing more accurate counterfeits.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply