cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY BUYER SCAM SUPPORTED BY EBAY POLICY OF MONEY BACK GARUNTEE!!

ITS ABSOLUTELY NOT SAFE TO SELL RAW TRADING CARDS OR SPORTS CARDS. EBAY POLICY MAKES FOR PERFECT SCAM THAT MYSELF AND OTHER SELLERS HAVE EXPERIENCED FIRST HAND AND EBAY HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP PROTECT SELLERS FROM THIS FRAUD!! A BUYER ONLY NEEDS TO HAVE SAME CARD THAT YOU ARE SELLING IN MINT CONDITION AND HIS IS NOT AND WHEN HE RECIEVES YOUR MINT CARD HE CLAIMS IT WAS DAMAGED USUALLY MAKES UP UBSURD LIE LIKE "CASE WASNT RIGHT FIT AND MUST HAVE MOVEMENT DELIVERY CAUSING DAMAGE". EXCEPT ITS **bleep** BUYER ALWAYS INTENDED ON ASKING REFUND AND ANY PICS OF CARD ARE OF HIS GARBAGE ONE AND EBAY FORCES YOU TO REFUND AND HE SENDS YOU WORTHLESS CARD YOU NOW ARE OUT VALUE OF YOUR CARD AND NO WAY PREVENT AS IVE TRIED USING TAMPER SEAL LISTING SAYS NO REFUNDS AND IF SEAL BROKEN THEY ARE RESPONSIBILE BUT NOPE NOT WITH EBAY 100% MONEY BACK GARUNTEE...EBAY IS HELPING SCAMMERS WITH THIS POLICY WE NEED LEGAL HELP AS SELLERS TO STOP THIS EBAY SUPPORTED THEFT!!!!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: EBAY BUYER SCAM SUPPORTED BY EBAY POLICY OF MONEY BACK GARUNTEE!!

the guy had 20 straight pages of returned items and the lowlifes at ebay look the other way while he robs small sellers. they have created a disgusting culture where the thieves run the show. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

What other platforms do you recommend for selling raws?

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I think your right. I've had people say not same card when selling 3 cards all /150 blue and you take a picture of one card and say three available and this may not be the card you get. Well, I had someone say didn't get the card shown and when stated notes etc,. EBAY said I had to send card in picture, when told buyer to send back first he refused. However the one grace I had was, EBAY support claimed he had to send the card back first and the buyer wanted me to send them the card first then claimed would send my other one back. EBAY did side with me when it came to that, also, had someone try that scam with the different card routine, I marked the envelope and the case and called EBAY up when that happened and again the agent refunded the buyer and closed the case. It cost me nothing and kept the payment. Sometimes it happens so much and when you have a seller who sells so many things and the buyer feedback or past emails shows they have done this before, the research and many times EBAY will side with Seller and just refund buyer themselves. I think the best thing is to make that call and make EBAY aware of the buyer doing those things and when same buyer keeps doing it EBAY will eventually stop them. AS sellers we all need to support each other in these matters and take the 15 minutes for the call and let them be aware of fraudulent people and eventually they will be found out and EBAY will have to kick them off. MY FEELINGS ARE, A LOT OF FRAUD, IS HAPPENING i  PURCHASED A 1/10 IN AUCTION FOR .99 AND THE SELLER CANCELLED THE SALE AND REFUNDED. SAID LOST CARD, THAT IS CRAP. WILL CALL MONDAY AND HAVE HIM FOUND OUT AND SEE IF HAS DONE BEFORE ONLY 11 FEEDBACK AND BECAUSE ONLY .99 FOR CARD HE DEFRAUDED ME. I PAID FOR THE CARD AFTER WINNING AUCTION SO MY CARD, WHEN CONTACT EBAY WILL FIND IF HAS DONE BEFORE.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Zombie thread...

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I know I'm late to the party, but you are 100% correct. I just got scammed by a buyer who claimed they received a fake collectors card, which I know for a fact was real, and because of Ebay's Guarantee I was forced to accept the return, which was a fake and not the card I originally sent.  The only solace is that I have to say the vast majority of sales over the 20+ years I been on Ebay have been good.  

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

No one enjoys being out of a product and money. The scammers (buyers &sellers) need to be narrowed down. Is there a good place to post the information???

I hope items of higher value receive better protection and maybe insurance and a Postal service tracker. Communication with the buyer prior to sale is no guarantee on this scenario. 

Personally, I wouldn't ask for a refund on raw cards unless UNpacking was made difficult enough to damage a product. Such as placing tape on a penny protector opening then taping it to the envelope. ( actually happened )

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Had similar issue sold an MTG card for about 2K having sold about 30 prior to that. Paid 240 for courier shipping with insurance from Australia to canada then the fool says "I dont think its original". I said I'll pay for certification if you reimburse me when its found to be genuine. Ebay refunded him BUT I forced them to reimburse me shipping because as I argued " I dont think its genuine" is a change of mind refund not a "Not as described or not genuine" refund. Unfortunately I believe any card over say $500 now I need to get professionally graded

Message 22 of 22
latest reply