cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

Before last night I have been very unaware of what could be happening and have played very naive to this however a situation occured where I just had the most expensive card ive ever pulled go for  $380.00, i was very excited about the journey from Auction Day 1 till final remaining seconds left , I had a watch party after the Chiefs game and we cheered when the bidding ended ... that lasted about 45 seconds and it went completely silent as i projected my computer screen onto the TV and as i switched to the buyers reviews ,,, it turns out he has had 3 reviews of bidding up a card and never paying ....................... however the seller still leaving a positive ???        anyone else have this occur and how can i protect myself in this situation or can I and what are some or any other practices to help me better protect a sale of this magnitude ? or what did i miss ? and can we have a global  BAN LIST or PROBATION LIST for anyone who doesnt pay ? 

THX for listening 

Sinceerly -CHEESEBURGER RIED

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. If a seller leaves a negative comment with a positive rating, the buyer can have the comment removed and the seller would get a policy violation ding.

What sellers should do instead of trying to leave negative feedback for buyers that do not pay is to wait four days and then cancel the transaction for nonpayment. This gives the buyer a nonpayment strike, and prevents either party from leaving feedback.

Sellers can preemptively block buyers with two or more nonpayment strikes in the last twelve months by setting Buyer Requirements. An individual seller can also add a buyer to the seller's Blocked Bidder List.

Nonpayment issues can be avoided by listing items for a fixed price with immediate payment required and by not accepting offers. That way the buyer must complete checkout and actually pay for the transaction to proceed; otherwise the item remains listed for others to purchase.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

We should have the option to award it to the runner up bidder in this case. It isnt right! i have this happen on a couple of occasions and the seller is left without any options. These type of bidder ruins a good auction. If we had the option of making it a 12 hour payoff time or it will be awarded to the next highest bidder. Because now we got to run it another week and hope the fake bidder doesn't get  a new account and do it again. These type of people ruin ebay for the people that work hard to promote and sale their products! 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

Actually looks like a fairly reasonable price for that card. Maybe they'll pay this time.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

@davilewi113 wrote:

We should have the option to award it to the runner up bidder in this case. It isnt right! 

Hi, we do - it's called second chance offer.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/making-second-chance-offers?id=4142

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

$380.00? Wait until you get stiffed for over $10k in one week when a few different people decide not to pay up. lol At least one of them gave me a few run around **bleep** stories as to why they could not pay at the moment. FYI there is a big private FB group specifically for sharing banned and blocked id lists of bad buyers, sellers, scammers.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

Were you not able to cancel after 4 days of nonpayment and have your FVF refunded?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

BAN LIST FOR BUYERS

I have a banned block buyer list spanning 22 years I bet I could help. lol

Message 8 of 8
latest reply