cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller stated NEW on the item, but I can tell it is not new. What do I do? No seller response

Item was sold as new. I don't think it is because the original wrapper had been cut and retaped.

Any suggestions. Seller has not responded to messages.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seller stated NEW on the item, but I can tell it is not new. What do I do? No seller response

Open a case for Item Not as Described. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Open a case for Item Not as Described. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Should I give the seller a little more time to respond? I just got the item delivered.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Go to 'my ebay'...scroll/hover/click 'purchases' and locate

Far right, either blue box or drop down, click 'return'

use 'not as described' as reason.

seller will have to either refund you or provide a return shipping label, you have to get that label, print it and ship back. If seller does NOT refund you within 2 days of 'tracking showing delivered' (record tracking number on the label and check) then escalate to ebay. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Perhaps they didn't realize it had been taped. . . the seller might refund without you needing to open a case. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You received an item that's not as described.  After you open the case, the seller has several days to respond.  So why not open a case now? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Seller was very cooperative 

all is good 

The item is new

Message 7 of 7
latest reply