cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Tea Pot

Anyone ever see a silver tea pot like this? I want to post my first item on eBay but haven't had any luck in researching what this is worth.Silver Tea Pot.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Silver Tea Pot

First of all. is it plate? are there any hallmarks on it? are those 2 protrusions for an electrical connection? Pretty little thing, but more details are needed for id! 🙂

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm going to photograph the hallmark on bottom of tea pot and post it this afternoon along with a reply to you with that hallmark. Thanks. Those protrusions are just artistic and don't really serve any purpose.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@sandysfineantiques wrote:

Those protrusions are just artistic and don't really serve any purpose.

Absolutely not true.

Those 'protusions serve a very important purpose, as they enable your lovely little teapot to sit on it's stand & burner base.

See this completed listing for a teapot sitting on it's matching burner base.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-Silver-on-Copper-Tilting-Teapot-Wooden-Handle-Silver-Marks-/...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I've seen those protrusions (assuming they are on both sides) and indeed they are for placing on a stand, but the one I had was only a stand for pouring and did not have a heating element.  I think the pot you have it silverplate

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You're right. I had no idea those protrusions served a purpose. My grandparents owned a tea room in Seattle decades ago and travelled the globe looking for cool items but they didn't tell me anything about this stuff.  I want to start advertising my entire collection here on eBay but it's so difficult knowing what the value is for so much of their possessions. I keep procrastinating but should post once and for all. Thanks for your input.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have boxes of antiques my grandparents left me but unfortunately they didn't ever tell me anything about this stuff. There sure are some experts on eBay though. A lot of the stuff I've researched but just can't find similar items so don't have a clue what to ask.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Posting pics and the little you do know would help the board! There are many knowledgeable people here, American antiques are not my forte,  bur wilsonhepple for instance 🙂 gets kudos from me!

Seattle is where I am, you have MY attention,  THE "Tea Room"  ???

Message 8 of 8
latest reply