cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Set of Sugar tongs and I would like to find out what the hallmarks are before i offer them

Can anyone help me with this? How do you add a Photo?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I have a Set of Sugar tongs and I would like to find out what the hallmarks are before i offer t

Re: I have a Set of Sugar tongs and I would like to find out what the hallmarks are before i offer t

Google world. Silver marks. There are a couple of complete sites. Yours look British. Could be wrong. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your help been trawling through Google for days now not really getting anywhere I can find reference to most of the marks except the shield at the end
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Are you sure it is sterling silver? You could have to go into the silver plate marks as well. it is a large amount of information but once you get the hang of deciphering it you might find your answer wish I had time to do it for you 🙂 good luck

http://www.925-1000.com/british_marks.html

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As an expat Brit, I refer to those tongs as 'sugar nips'...Smiley Happy

However, having sold many sets over the years, if I were you I wouldn't take up my time researching them.

Check eBay's completed listings and you will find many for sale, and few are selling.

As yours are plated, they will sell for $5.00, if you are lucky.Smiley Frustrated

This lot of 10 sets sold recently for $30.00.

Vintage job lot of 10 pairs EPNS Sugar Tongs Nips silver plated

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Wilson, as I thought they were plate I just didn't want to advertise them with the wrong description, the value is of real importance to me, every penny counts at the moment, thanks again.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply