cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

void shipping labels used as evidence of non-shipment and eBay returns the money.

If I void a USPS shipping label from eBay, I have noticed a flurry of "I didn't receive this item" and in at least one case, eBay paid the customer for the item (out of my account, of course). Customers seem to game the system and know just how long to wait and what phrases to use. I know the product will arrive and fail to go back trace the item copy the movement and paste to the info board. Usually I jsut say "tracking will show you where your item is located." 

I will get nasty comments, like "Where's my item!" and I know it's just a voided label but these people know exactly how to "open a case" and know all the finer details. I feel they are scamming the system and I now just ban them.

I don't have time to do the detective work and market my items.

I feel eBay encourages these people and does not give me the opportunity to rebutt. Has anyone ever tried to dispute an eBay settlement? Now there is a trip to nowhere!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: void shipping labels used as evidence of non-shipment and eBay returns the money.

@lexiethan wrote:

If I void a USPS shipping label from eBay

I know the product will arrive and fail to go back

Customers seem to game the system

I know it's just a voided label but these people know exactly how to "open a case" and know all the finer details

Yes, it does sound like someone is gaming the system.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: void shipping labels used as evidence of non-shipment and eBay returns the money.

I had a buyer purchase an item from me that I had shipped FedEx. The buyer received the brand new with tags item, used the item, then opened a case stating the item wasn't as described, with a message demanding a full refund and the threat of negative feedback. I explained to the buyer that I didn't accept returns. The buyer then stated the item was damaged. Ebay sided with the buyer, the buyer returned the item. It's not damaged at all and it has scuff marks and scratches all over it and the tag has been removed. I took photos and appealed the case to eBay and was told, essentially, too bad, we can't determine that this was the buyer's fault. So, yes, I completely agree that savvy buyers are abusing the system and getting away with it. It's obscene and seller obviously have no recourse. Ebay snatched the money out of my account hours after the return showed up at my door, even though I was told that I had two days to review the item and that I didn't have to return the money if there was an issue and I could appeal. It's a joke. As an aside, the post office is stating orders may be delayed by as much as 30 days. I had a buyer open a case for an item not received and I had to do a bunch of research to show where the item was even though tracking is stating it's still in transit.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@usaliquidationsdirect wrote:

... I had a buyer open a case for an item not received and I had to do a bunch of research to show where the item was even though tracking is stating it's still in transit.

Hello @usaliquidationsdirect 

I too have a USPS domestic package showing 'in transit to next facility' since 4/17. Ebay refunded the her (buyer) and took the $$ out of my PayPal account. Now I'm afraid she will also receive the $150 item as well. I know she won't pay me back because when I emailed her and asked, she completely ignored my email.

Would you mind telling me how you went about 'finding' your package that was stuck on 'in transit' ? I opened a 'missing mail' case, a 'where's my package' case and a 'package interception' case and got exactly zero answers from USPS.

Thanx

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@lexiethan wrote:

If I void a USPS shipping label from eBay, I have noticed a flurry of "I didn't receive this item" and in at least one case, eBay paid the customer for the item (out of my account, of course).

If you do not have tracking associated with the shipment, then of course it opens you up to an Item Not Received claim.  Even if you void a label, you need to ensure that the tracking number for the new label is associated with the shipment BEFORE the buyer makes a claim.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@lexiethan wrote:

If I void a USPS shipping label from eBay, I have noticed a flurry of "I didn't receive this item" and in at least one case, eBay paid the customer for the item (out of my account, of course).

After you void a label, are you buying a new one and updating the tracking number?

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I think it's disgraceful that eBay would take the money from your account when the item is obviously stuck in transit. The postal service is having a very clear staffing shortage and any order sent USPS is subject to a significant delay. I think the real problem is that eBay has NO STAFF to address seller concerns and is blanket approving any complaint from buyers. That being said, I didn't locate the exact location within the facility, but I opened a case with the post office and when I did that it posted to the buyer's tracking. I also called my local post office and they investigated. The post office emailed me a status update, which basically said they were way behind, and I sent that email to the buyer. I've contacted the buyer repeatedly with updates and so far he hasn't escalated the case. In general eBay is pushing every issue onto the sellers and buyers are getting away with whatever they want. It's very disheartening.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@usaliquidationsdirect wrote:
I think it's disgraceful that eBay would take the money from your account when the item is obviously stuck in transit. The postal service is having a very clear staffing shortage and any order sent USPS is subject to a significant delay. I think the real problem is that eBay has NO STAFF to address seller concerns and is blanket approving any complaint from buyers. That being said, I didn't locate the exact location within the facility, but I opened a case with the post office and when I did that it posted to the buyer's tracking. I also called my local post office and they investigated. The post office emailed me a status update, which basically said they were way behind, and I sent that email to the buyer. I've contacted the buyer repeatedly with updates and so far he hasn't escalated the case. In general eBay is pushing every issue onto the sellers and buyers are getting away with whatever they want. It's very disheartening.

Thank you @usaliquidationsdirect  for answering and displaying empathy 

Yes, I was shocked that the buyer and ebay banned together against me bc I was in constant contact with the buyer, updating her with the case #'s, telephone #'s, names of USPS contacts, etc.

Suddenly she opened an item not rec'd case, which I responded to and uploaded tracking info to show 'in transit' and i uploaded the next case I opened with all the info. She waited about 5 days then escalated and eBay immediately refunded her from my PayPal account.

To make the situation even worse, I had a 'chat session' with an ebay employee and was assured the case would not be closed/refunded as long as the tracking was showing 'in transit', but that turned out to not be true 😞

The almost $150 is a lot for me to bear and on top of that not getting the item back 😞

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I understand completely. It's horrible to be in the position of being victimized as a seller, with no recourse. Ebay must not remember they are in business because sellers are selling on their platform. You have every right to be upset and I feel for you. Nobody can afford to take a financial hit right now.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply