cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update me on filing insurance on sent package please

I used to be very active here but have been out of the loop per eBay for awhile.

Situation is my daughter sold some china.  I walked her through packing and she sent it out Priority. It came back refused and VERY damaged. Buyer has been refunded. Can someone walk me through the steps for her to put in an insurance claim. 

I told her to just set the box aside for now until I get answers.

Where have I been you ask. I still work as a rural mail carrier  but in an area where Amazon dumps pallets of packages at the Post Office for us to deliver. Between that and just turning 64 I'm too tired to list on eBay. I have tons that need to be listed but lack the motovation LOL. 

OK I'll check back in the morning, its bed time as I get up at 3am.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

A claim has to be filed at the USPS website. She will need a screenshot of the full order details page as proof of value for the claim. She will have to hold on to the package and turn it over to USPS for inspection when they work on her claim and send a letter.

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Found this on USPS website File a claim

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the update. I was worried you were abducted by the Russian Mafia. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ask the buyer for a few pictures of the item and package, then refund the buyer.
Have the buyer hang on to the item and package so it can be inspected.
You file a claim with the carrier.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Ask the buyer for a few pictures of the item and package, then refund the buyer.
Have the buyer hang on to the item and package so it can be inspected.

Seller already has the item back. Buyer was already refunded.

"she sent it out Priority. It came back refused and VERY damaged. Buyer has been refunded."

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply