cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Free shipping" that arrives postage due

Beginning in 2014, I have been having problems with vendors occasionally selling items postage paid but it arriving with postage due. The problem according to the post office is the vendors either not paying attention to weight limits or else are using inappropriate packaging. It is apparently so common in occurrence that USPS employees suggest it is a deliberate skimming practice but I suspect it is probably just involving a simple misunderstanding of the limits?

In all of the previous cases the vendors rapidly repaid me for the overcharge. The most recent one however will not respond to me at all despite a few days of very polite contact attempts.

My only two options provided by EBay seem to be either requesting a refund or else giving a vendor a bad rating. Another option would of course be ignoring it and accepting the overcharge.  A better option would be really nice.

This is obviously an increasingly common issue (based on similar posts) so perhaps EBAy can add a category so that resolution only requires excess or incorrect postage charges be addressed and reimbursed? Another helpful element might be giving vendors more complete and clear details about how to avoid this from occurring. I have no idea how to suggest either idea to EBay though, hence this post for hopeful discussion.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: "Free shipping" that arrives postage due

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 31 of 31
latest reply