cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Body Sprays

Hello everyone,

I would like to sell Men's Body Spray's.  However, the item is Flammable.  What precautions do I take?  Does it cost extra to ship?  I see other seller selling the product.  I wonder if they realize it's flammable and do they inform the carrier of this?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers, imput, and advise.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Shipping Body Sprays

You're supposed to pick a truck only option like UPS ground.  The sellers that aren't using these options, they aren't telling whatever carrier.  This is a huge violation because it is so dangerous.  It's better not to risk it.  When these people get caught, it's bad.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

@catlady668 You need to adhere to the carrier's rules for flammable / hazardous materials.

They can only ship via ground (for USPS that would be parcel select or retail ground). Packages cannot go to Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories.

Package needs to have enough packing material to absorb liquid should the container break. I believe that needs to be in a plastic bag to contain it, as well.

Box needs to be properly marked for ground shipment.

Please see specifics at USPS website;

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/welcome.htm

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/601.htm#ep1140026

If you are using FedEx or UPS then you need to search for their policies and packaging requirements.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

Xgolazersx,

Thank-you for the info. I 'm just not going to sell them. Totally agree with you, not worth it. Last thing I want is one or more people getting hurt or killed.

Esther
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

Thanks for everything,  but I'm just not going to take the risk.

Esther

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

Hang on, I meant that you should only offer ground options.  It would be easy to do.  Just make sure you select US only to make it easier.  There are many sellers on here that make it work.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

@catlady668 Esther, I have shipped many, many liquids, paints, etc and as long as your package uses proper packing materials and is properly marked on the outside of the box (which is very easy to do) and sent via Ground shipment, there's no more risk than shipping any other item.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

Cooper.boom

Let me apologize, when I read your response, I had some other things going on at the moment. I promise, I will look over the information you graciously supplied to me.

Thanks for you help.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

xgoblazersx,

I'll admit at the moment I read your reply, I was doing it in a hurry. I will be sure to take the extra precautions. Thanks for your advise.

Esther
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

Only do what you're comfortable with. It is an easy process though, and once you read the rules and ship your first package it's smooth sailing to repeat the process. You can always come back here if you run into additional questions. Good luck!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Shipping Body Sprays

Shipping things like body sprays and perfume is just fine as long as you use a ground-only service, as others have said.  It's perfectly safe when sent that way; I've sold a few perfumes myself.  I specifically asked my postal clerk if perfumes and the like could be shipped via USPS before I listed them and he said it was fine as long as you used Parcel Select/Retail Ground and weren't shipping a large volume.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply