cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pip insure through Ebay is a complete joke

Been working with PIp insurance  for over 60 days on a claim and have got nowhere. Purchased insurance through ebay on a $250 Priority Mail shipment ( wish I had purchased the insurance through USPS) . Between the delays in being allowed to file the claim, first I was told that I had to wait 30 days to see if the shipment " showed up" . The shipment was delivered but the part in the shipment was damaged. After the waiting period, I filed and then heard nothing. 8 emails and 3 weeks later I still have nothing. I have sent them screen shots of everything then have ask. I really think they are going to delay and delay until I give up so they don't have to pay the claim.  I have filed claims through USPS and they have been paid promptly. from now on I will pay the higher cost to get insurance the USPS. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: pip insure through Ebay is a complete joke

Up date... 3 more emails from pip insurance asking for the same information that I have already sent them ... Im still out the $250

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I agree DO NOT USE SHIP COVER I too will now only use USPS.  Ship cover is a joke to wait 30 days for an item to show up to file a claim yet Ebay makes us send a full refund within 6 days of no item not received so we have to wait almost a money to get our money back.  Besides I HATE that they email my buyer to confirm if they actually got it or not. USPS does not do that.  It should not matter if tracking doesn't show delivered it is up to the insurance company to pay not email our buyer.  Besides buyers can lie.  My claim should not be in the hands of the buyers response. If they don't respond I have to wait another 15 days almost 2 months to get refunded to paypal who uses paypal anymore Not me I don't like it going there USPS sends a check and doesn't email our buyers.  Ship cover employee said they don't send the buyer the email ebay does and ebay says they don't send the buyer an email ship cover does  What a JOKE!!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Just fell for PIP insurance ; I have 2 claims out there and questioning whether I will get it resolved. WITH THE USPS system having problems within their own system 2 of my small packages have; First item never found it is lost someone at a Texas USPS facility, 2 item package now arrived with the item missing from the envelope - I put the packing slip inside the small box and tape the box in case it separates from envelope; but doesn't matter still missing.  I ship out out of SC; the facility which is a Satellite - not "real" employees - contractors I'm told. This satellite is part of a dry cleaning business so they flip between doing that work and USPS work. LOL.  Went in yesterday to ship and lady is sitting in chair reading her phone and eating cheetos; gets up when I come in; No greeting, does the job and hands me the receipt; No conversation, no thank you. CrAzY!!  PIP seems to have the same work values. Going to charge customers more now for USPS Priority / or use USPS insurance. Thanks for listening. 🙂

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Do they have a phone number to call. Emails are easy to avoid. Also have you "bombed" their social media? I have had quick results with social media. I am not on Facebook, but I heard the Ebay group is pretty good and you can get results from a Rep.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I’m going thru identical situation. IDENTICAL. Wait period although item was damaged not lost.  Numerous emails. Screenshots. They have not replied to ANY. How can Ebay be working with this scandalous company that’s a clear fraud?? Can we contact better business bureau? I’m so irritated and appalled Ebay would work with a company like these guys. Have you contacted EBay to complain about lack of response from the insurance company? Or did they say not their issue? Any resolution? They do bank on ppl giving up to not pay. This is ridiculous. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I've read a lot of similar situations @vitame_84 and usually sellers are stuck in limbo when PIP is waiting for the buyer to respond to their request for photos, inspection, maybe to fill out a form - depends on the claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

They are a joke Shipcover insurance known as PIP is taking our insurance money and then don't pay the claims I show item as not delivered as a seller opened up an insurance claim and they will not pay unless the buyer responds my buyers never respond many times they even forget they ordered something or are not on ebay enough to even see they have a message buyer has 30 days and if no response they deny the claim when is it the buyers have all the power I am the one who paid for the insurance I think if enough sellers complain they will either have to change the way they do business or ebay should give them the boot.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

They are a joke Shipcover insurance known as PIP is taking our insurance money and then don't pay the claims I show item as not delivered as a seller opened up an insurance claim and they will not pay unless the buyer responds my buyers never respond many times they even forget they ordered something or are not on ebay enough to even see they have a message buyer has 30 days and if no response they deny the claim when is it the buyers have all the power I am the one who paid for the insurance I think if enough sellers complain they will either have to change the way they do business or ebay should give them the boot. Besides Ebay is involved Ebay is the one who sends the message to the buyer yet denies they have any involvement and Shipcover is a third party.  I think if enough sellers get together a class action lawsuit should happen your thoughts?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply