cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

none of these discussions are mentioning ....huge problem

is the biggest problem that shipping so unreliable??

schemes within schemes
the serpent is a good sign
someday you may swallow yourself
by accident
Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: none of these discussions are mentioning ....huge problem

Amazon delivers 1.5 million items every day, USPS ships/delivers 472 million every day - significant difference.

Amazon employs about 800 K (full & part time) and USPS 633 K (full & part time).

Certainly the COVID issue had/has a greater impact on USPS as well as the Holiday rush and all those mail in ballots that were issued this in  2020.

Personally all the items we received & or shipped via USPS over the Holidays were delivered reasonably on time - like  at 1  or 2 days later than the ETA.  Only had one item that was significantly delayed but that was back in Sept. 2020.  USPS does a good job in my opinion.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 31 of 72
latest reply

thanks pickers pantry 

I think you get what I am trying to say.

I am not at all upset about my book--

I understand the delays....

but as a seller the item I shipped? 

on Dec. 28th-- at 9 am when the post office opened??

I am in big trouble there. 

and YES YES to everyone else.

I have learned a big lesson not to use USPS anymore. 

I am in touch with the buyer who is beyond patient and hopefully it will work out.

I am losing sleep over this --- While I know its not eBays fault, they need to support the sellers on here....not ruin them over this.

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 32 of 72
latest reply

your post started out so funny

then this

Others just whine, complain and troll on message boards.

is that what i am doing?

ok thanks for your help.

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 33 of 72
latest reply

Currently when an item shows movement they will extend the amount of time for delivery

thanks for this and I think one of the reasons I am so upset is that this item is

showing ZERO movement.

The detailed tracking shows it's still sitting in the post office where I shipped it.

I went to the post office and asked them to LOOK for the package---

They said nope its not "here"

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 34 of 72
latest reply

10 days delay?  That's nothing compared to what I have been experiencing.  I shipped a poster on November 30th.  It did not arrive at the buyer until January 2nd.    In general items sent by first class package mail are taking 2 to 3 weeks to deliver in the lower 48 states.  Tracking is also miserable.  I physically shipped an item from my post office on January 2nd.  It still shows as label created but item not shipped.  I opened a case with USPS to investigate.  A USPS employee called me a day later and said exactly what the tracking said, label created but item not shipped.  Then they closed the case, so I am SOL.  What baloney.  I am still waiting for this thing to be "found" and the buyer has been very patient.  I am experiencing the same on my purchases.  I bought an item on December 21th.  After it was hanging out in Connecticut for several weeks it now says it is to be delivered today, December 16th.  How can anyone operate this way?  How long is too long to wait?  What happens if my buyer opens a claim, I refund, and the item is later delivered?  How do I recover that?

Message 35 of 72
latest reply

Many here right now are assuming that USPS has their act together after the Holidays. That is a long shot. I have packages that are still stalled that I have ordered WAY PST Christmas’s when the orders were placed. This NIGHTMARE with USPS is going to continue I believe for months more. I as a seller still Weill not ship with them at all. They are still a convoluted mess.

Message 36 of 72
latest reply

Use Fed Ex or UPS. THEY HAVE HAD NOT NEARLY the problems that USPS has and will continue to have.

Message 37 of 72
latest reply

So nice to see you posting on the boards again! I've missed you!

Message 38 of 72
latest reply

@bigyellowdog2012 wrote:

some acknowledgment that is almost impossible the sell here?

failure of delivery is a big issue don't  you think>

especially when Amazon is getting me my item on Tuesday?

There is such a difference between individual sellers shipping and some big corporation shipping.  They aren't even similar.  If stuff ordered on Amazon is coming out of one of their warehouses, then it is handled quite differently that if it is a individual seller on Amazon that ships their own product.  These sellers have all the same risks as sellers on Ebay do.  In fact I've actually had far more INRs filed on Amazon sales than Ebay sales in the last several months.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 39 of 72
latest reply

@bigyellowdog2012 wrote:

I have no idea to what the solution is

maybe ebay ( as the platform) should suggest not shipping via 

USPS anymore?

I ordered something from Amazon (today)..it will be here on Tuesday....

free shipping ....

The book I ordered here from ebay 12 days ago....

its lost??? I guess?

While you may have missed it, for awhile Ebay did have a disclaimer at the top of the page we can create shipping labels on stating that USPS was having significant delays and other forms of shipping may be something to consider.

You are trying to compare apples and oranges.  Ebay doesn't ship our items.  Things that arrive quickly when ordered on Amazon are typically shipped by Amazon.  And when Amazon ships the items, their shipments go out presorted and all kinds of steps are taken to allow for speeding up the USPS [if they are the carrier] process.  Some stuff is delivered by Amazon themselves and others come in UPS.  None of that can be done by Ebay since individual sellers are responsible for their own shipping.

USPS for the most part is NOT losing packages.  Out of all of the INRs I've had over the past year I don't think any of them but one was actually lost.  They all show up eventually.  And 12 days doesn't constitute a lost package for USPS.  It will have to be 30+ days.

Message 40 of 72
latest reply

It is well known that for months now there have been mail slowdowns/delays,backlogs, etc.,...it is also well-known that for the most part scanning of packages has been abandoned and most scanning occurs at point of origin and point of delivery with little to no scanning done in-between...

UPS, Fedex,etc also were experiencing issues, but it just so happens USPS has more going on than the other carriers due to "other" circumstances involving the USPS.

Much depends on the type of items/products one is selling and their customers. If certain items/products are needed more urgently, then that can & will continue to be an issue for those needed items by impatient buyers.

However, with the USPS known issues, I would never call a package "lost" until 30-45 days after shipment date, but sellers will have to decide what their solution is based on all the known factors...

Message 41 of 72
latest reply

was

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 42 of 72
latest reply

@bigyellowdog2012 wrote:

thanks pickers pantry 

I think you get what I am trying to say.

I am not at all upset about my book--

I understand the delays....

but as a seller the item I shipped? 

on Dec. 28th-- at 9 am when the post office opened??

I am in big trouble there. 

and YES YES to everyone else.

I have learned a big lesson not to use USPS anymore. 

I am in touch with the buyer who is beyond patient and hopefully it will work out.

I am losing sleep over this --- While I know its not eBays fault, they need to support the sellers on here....not ruin them over this.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Helping-buyers-understand-shipping-delays-and-wha...

Message 43 of 72
latest reply

I am selling (on a selling id, of course). I've been using UPS for shipping. So far, it's worked out well for the items I've sold--none of them has been delayed. Keeping my fingers crossed . . .

Message 44 of 72
latest reply

@bigyellowdog2012 wrote:

no

your not hearing me

I am ok with the book being 12+++++ days out...

I am not ok with something I shipped to the buyer for $$$$$ 

being 10 days out.

This is not a trustworthy site.

So you think it's Ebays fault that something you shipped and chose the carrier and the item hasn't been delivered.

Have a great day
Message 45 of 72
latest reply