cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost in transit ebay item

Hi 

I purchased an item in the USA and they use ebay shipping program to send the item to me in Australia. 

The item arrived at the shipping hub since i was able to track it with USPS. This was roughly around 1.5 months ago. Contacted ebay and they explained that the item had been lost during transit. I was so upset as I want the item and not a refund. 

Can anyone help give details on how I am able to track down this item? USPS tracking info just shows that it was shipped to the hub Glendale Heights IL.Glendale Heights, IL. So how am I able to contact this hub? ebay bot conversation thingy has been absolutely useless. Thanks

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: lost in transit ebay item

If it's lost, the best they can do now is refund.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

The hub Glendale Heights, Illinois is getting a lot of postings here. Could it be they are overwhelm with everything going there now and there is probably no increase in employees and improved conditions for handling so much more packages though nothing has been updated there other than more packages?

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I'm of the mind that there are a significant number of items going to Glendale Heights that are--correctly or not--deemed unshippable through the new eBay International Shipping program and are just "dead ending" there with no further information.

I've just been advising a fellow Canadian on the eBay Canada discussion boards on eIS.  His item turned out to contain a lithium-ion battery.  According to the eIS restrictions/prohibitions list, lithium-ion batteries are okay to send through eIS as long as they're inside the device for which they're intended; "loose" Li-ion batteries are not okay to ship through the program.  I'm thinking that either the restricted items list is erroneous, or else there are some workers at the Glendale Heights facility who are not fully up to speed on the restricted/prohibited items list.

What was your item, @wildstar84?

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Can I contact them directly and have someone actually track the lost item? I do not care for a refund - I CARE FOR THE ITEM!!! 😞

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I got the same BIG problem! 

I live in Europe and I paid import duties and had the package sent to the Ebay International Shipping hub in Illinois. The package arrived to the hub on May 17. 

No more updates. 16 days and still there with ''Your item is being inspected''.

The delivery date is June 6, BUT we are getting too close AND packages leave the hub in 2 or 3 days after they get them, so what is going on?

The price of the item is right and category too. I had similar items purchased with their Global Shipping.

If your lastest tracking info says ''Your item arrived at our shipping hub'' we can say the word ''lost'' is not very accurate. 

Will Ebay really be happy paying items considered ''lost'' in their hub????

That is the BIG question. A ''lost'' item means both, seller and buyer will get their money, so it is a bit like Ebay being now the ''new'' buyer of the item, but paying to seller and buyer... for a ''lost in their hub'' item.

Not a good deal for anyone involved, right? 

Where are ''lost in the hub'' packages going? There is no magic land called ''nowhere'', so there must be a better word than ''lost'' to define what is happening.

Items may have a price of a few hundred dollars, but 1500, or 2000 dollars as well.

We buyers get our money back, sellers keep the money of the sold item, and Ebay staff will not say a word. Good deal? 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@wildstar84 wrote:

Can I contact them directly and have someone actually track the lost item? I do not care for a refund - I CARE FOR THE ITEM!!! 😞

Technically speaking, the item isn't considered yours until you receive it, so I think the only way to get your item on the radar of the shipping hub would be to file a claim for a not received item.  

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@wildstar84 wrote:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that.  They do not track items down, they refund. 

Make sure that you do file an item not received claim before 30 days after the estimated delivery date.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@tim-ack 

It's possible that your item has left the hub but that the tracking hasn't been updated. This seems to be a huge problem with the new EIS program.  I've seen quite a few posts about this from buyers who did receive their items even though it looked as if their item was still in the US.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your opinion. That would not be a bad thing after all. Silent delivery is better than no delivery at all. Maybe that is possible... but Im also expecting some kind of message from the courier before delivery, which is expected on June the 6th, so we will see soon.

I must say Im surprised by Ebay's rules if ''They do not track items down, they refund''.

What if some items with a high price, of hundreds of dollars or even more, just seem to blow away in their own hub? Is it just fine for them to refund the buyer and let the seller keep the money as well?

Wouldn't Ebay want to know what went wrong?

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

When eBay first opened their Global Shipping center in Kentucky several years ago, a lot of inventory grew legs and walked away in the early days. It took some time to weed out the new employees and build a more stable work force. Each new hub that opens may experience similar growing pains.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@wildstar84   put the international, not the USPS domestic, tracking number in one or both of these links, should begin with ESUSxxxxx

https://www.trackmyshipment.co/shipment-tracking

https://parcelsapp.com/en

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@wildstar84  and if u can't access the int'l tracking number, try inputting the USPS domestic number to see if it works, it may not

here is the email address for int'l shipments>  ebayshippingnotifs@ebay.com

OR

Click on > https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10 to see the various options to contact eBay

If you decide to receive a call back, make sure your phone will not block the call back

AND-OR

Read this > https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Could that be possible? Having items ''lost'' in their own hub? Items of 100 $, 500 $, even 2000 $? With refunds made for buyers, and sellers keeping the money of the ''lost'' items too?

Wouldn't lost items in their own hub be too expensive for Ebay? 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

tracking number [...] should begin with ESUSxxxxx

FYI @stuff4divas that's not accurate to this particular discussion.

ESUS numbers are used for 2 services:

1. eBay International Standard Delivery (EISD) which is well underway to being completely discontinued by the end of the month. At that point ESUS numbers will only apply to the other service that uses them which is:

2. eBay Standard Envelope (ESE) domestic shipments for trading cards, coins, etc.

The new eBay International Shipping (EIS) service has tracking numbers that begin with EEUS. Since this discussion is about EIS shipments, the tracking numbers in question will begin with EEUS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 15 of 24
latest reply