cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect eBay international standard delivery shipping cost

Is anyone else having issues with the shipping cost for eBay International Standard Delivery?  My (European & Australian) buyers are paying $11.90 for the cost of the shipping label which is should be $13 for an 8oz or less weight.  This has been going on since August and I've contacted eBay three different times, but they have yet to resolve the issue.  I recently added a "handling fee" for the difference, but once the weight exceeds the 8oz, I'm back to paying out of pocket for the difference. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: incorrect eBay international standard delivery shipping cost

It's the package dimensions that you are using. You have 9x7x1 as a package size which dims over the 4 oz weight.

I removed the package size for item 193690383179 - CK Hip Brief in Blue. Please see the item now only has the 4oz weight and no package dimensions.

The cost for the item to UK is not $13 through ebay standard delivery.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Yes. My buyer was undercharged $7.92 (shipping difference and $3 handling fee) on my last transaction. I am on the phone now with an eBay rep who is wholly unaware of this issue.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I am having the same issue with eBay item # 164352934341

The buyer was charged $6.72 for shipping to Canada. It costs $11.64 to ship via USPS first class international. I also charged a $3 handling fee that was ignored by eBay so the seller did not pay. The dimensions defaulted to 1" by 1" by 1" on the label. I changed the dimensions to 10" by 10" by 1" and nothing changed. 

To prove that the dimensions had nothing to do with the incorrect shipping charge I used a similar listing (164359291355) and checked the shipping fees with the dimensions defaulting to 1x1x1 and then 10x10x1...SAME PRICE: $5.50 to ship a 7 oz. item to Canada which we all know is incorrect. 

Can you please investigate this further and let me know how to proceed going forward? Thanks a million!

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@elisheva333 

you need to use "package" setting up the listing.

$6.72 is "large envelope" rate of $3.72 + your $3 handling.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Your "International" packages do not qualify to be sent at the "envelope rate".

Either fail to meet the physical characteristics, content characteristics, or both.

canada.jpg

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Bless you! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I am not sure how 'package' was swapped with 'envelope' but that is exactly what happened. First time I have had this issue in 20 years selling on eBay. 🙂 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for your response, however, when I initially created that listing, I did not add any package dimensions.  I ended up adding it afterwards to see if there was a difference.  Needless to say, there isn’t any.   

Could you please elaborate on your last sentence?  You stated that the cost for the item to the UK is not $13 through eBay standard delivery.   However, it clearly shows it on: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-international-standard.html#setting-up-ebay-inter... 

I have had all the representatives tell me that there is a glitch and that they were opening up a ticket with tech department.  

I was hoping that someone could help with this here because it’s been a couple of months and nothing.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

By the way, in addition to my previous reply, you can take a look at item number 193703555036 and it’ll show that there’s no package dimension and the weight is 6oz.  

You would also be able to see that the shipping rate to the UK is $11.70 (not $11.90 that I had mistakenly stated in my original post).  If someone from the UK purchased this from me, I would be charged $13 for the eBay International Standard Delivery shipping fee.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

The odd thing is that it isn't a consistent error so could it be something in your listings that has been accidentally added in?   Item 193690132452 shows $11.70 for shipping to the UK and item 203113904255 which should weigh about the same is $13.  Can you see something that is different in the shipping sections of the two listings?  Could you had inadvertently have some sort of promotional discount on some of the listings?

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

intlshipping@ebay wrote:

It's the package dimensions that you are using. You have 9x7x1 as a package size which dims over the 4 oz weight.

I removed the package size for item 193690383179 - CK Hip Brief in Blue. Please see the item now only has the 4oz weight and no package dimensions.

The cost for the item to UK is not $13 through ebay standard delivery.

I don't understand.  The standard delivery pricing list shows the price as $13 to the UK for packages 8 oz or less.  Regardless of the dim weight, why would ebay be charging the buyer $11.70  when the seller is paying $13?

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for your input.  I actually have a couple of different shipping profiles.  The listing that shows the $13 shipping to the UK has a handling fee of $1.30 included.  The one that is showing the $11.70 shipping does not have a handling fee (I actually forgot to update that shipping profile).  

One of the customer service reps told me that the only work-around that she could advise was to remove the option for the eBay International Standard Delivery and only select Global Shipping.  If the buyer purchases, then I could then select the eBay international standard delivery. It doesn’t make sense to me, so I haven’t done it. 

thanks again and if you do think of anything else that I could try, please let me know. 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

That rep was out to lunch to suggest that.    With the gsp the only shipping money you would receive from the buyer would be the amount that you charged to domestic buyers. Plus, the buyer would be paying import charges ahead of time and then they might be charged them again upon delivery since that is when they are collected for  international standard delivery.

The ebay rep that answered your question earlier might be gone for Thanksgiving now but I'll page him and perhaps he will come back and explain what he meant on Frieday or Monday.

intlshipping@ebay 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

After receiving inaccurate information from you (eBay) about the eBay International Standard Shipping, I found the glitch myself (and yes there is a glitch in your system) and it now calculates the shipping cost accurately.  Your previous information and lack of is a disservice to the entire eBay community of sellers and buyers.  

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

What was the glitch and how did you fix it?

Message 15 of 23
latest reply