cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect eBay international standard delivery shipping cost

Is anyone else having issues with the shipping cost for eBay International Standard Delivery?  My (European & Australian) buyers are paying $11.90 for the cost of the shipping label which is should be $13 for an 8oz or less weight.  This has been going on since August and I've contacted eBay three different times, but they have yet to resolve the issue.  I recently added a "handling fee" for the difference, but once the weight exceeds the 8oz, I'm back to paying out of pocket for the difference. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: incorrect eBay international standard delivery shipping cost

I had to go to “Shipping Preferences” and opt out of the Global Shipping Program.  Somehow it affects the eBay International Standard Delivery even though eBay says that you can use both.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I used the ebay International option a few times but just had an item kicked back as a :prohibited item" which it isn't. It appears that ebay is using DHL and they are the ones that kicked it back. I detest DHL as their tracking is  simply terrible if they even show that they have the item in their possession, and all that shipping with them accomplishes is adding days to the delivery time.  I'm betting that I wont get a refund on my shipping due to their error. I'll just ship my stuff through USPS and Paypal for the international items.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Since August, I’ve had about 16 international orders and it’s taken about 3 - 7 weeks for my customers to receive their package.  I have yet to have an issue with DHL, but I hold my breath each time.   I often see things get hung up in customs.

I used to use USPS, but they don’t track to every country and I’ve had to refund customers because they said that they never received their order.   I’ll stick to EISD and in the event that something goes wrong, I’ll just hope and pray that eBay keeps their promise to protect sellers.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Sorry if you feel you received inaccurate information. A ticket has been opened for our Label'sTeam to review the issue with having to opt out of GSP (your account has been referenced as an example). The two program should work in conjunction with each other, and there should not be a need for you to have to opt out of GSP to have eISD work with your listings in the same way GSP works with USPS International. I have asked them to review both the standard usage of the two programs and the Exclusion usage (i.e. Excluding CA from GSP and using eISD as a supplement).

Additionally, I have asked them to review the pricing difference and track the history of the shipping changes to that account.

1. GSP and eISD should work in conjunction with each other. GSP countries should be covered by GSP, unless an exclusion in implemented, then the default international selected should take priority for the Buyer (eISD or USPS International). 

2. Confirm the pricing structure on listings that were previously in USPS International and converted to eISD by the Seller before purchase by the Buyer. 

@rik-rew - Can you please direct message me with examples of the items that were incorrectly charged to Buyers ($11.90 instead of $13) so I can add these to the ticket for Product reference?

Thank you

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I've sent you a direct message with the information that you requested.  Hopefully, it will be useful and the issue can be resolved.

Also, I did not "feel" that I received inaccurate information.  You or whoever replied to my initial post actually gave inaccurate information when you stated "The cost for the item to UK is not $13 through eBay standard delivery."  With what I was referring to, it is that amount according to https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-international-standard.html#setting-up-ebay-inter...

So, perhaps a "sorry EVERYBODY for the inaccurate information that we posted" or simply a clarification that another seller and I had asked you for, would have been adequate.

Thank you for trying to get this resolved.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

As of the 9th, the prices are outrageous.  It is a glitch in the dimensions.  They don't seem to be doing anything about it. I have 3 international packages going to countries that I have to use insured service for.  I chatted with an ebay tech and she was clueless.  I may have to end up refunding their money

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

If you have the incorrect dimensions when you buy the label, won't they end up charging you the when they measure the box?

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

We have to pay 12% fee on their shipping cost.  I assume that is why we get some kind of discount on shipping

Message 23 of 23
latest reply