cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fed ex

pay attention to your fed ex charges!  We have been shipping for years on Ebay.  Now with managed payments you can see the individual charges.  we shipped several items less than a pound and fed ex jacked them to two pounds (same dimensions) and doubled the fees!  We use a digital mail scale to weigh all our items.  The post office agrees with our weights.  When I called Ebay, they say that's between the seller and fed ex.  They weren't even interested in holding fed ex accountable.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: fed ex

This is a MAJOR problem and Ebay knows about it. They are enabling this RACKET to continue. I have disputed 6 items in 3 months now. Each time the weight they say is exactly double.  I have to get a drop off receipt with a weight for proof now too. This is for UPS also. Both are in on this scam.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Did you get any reversed? They tell you they file a dispute; only, they never follow up. If you follow up, they won't produce the result. The in-store receipt with the true weight means nothing to them. FedEx weighed the package and gave you a receipt stating the weight and recorded it in their system. Think about it. You can call FedEx customer service and give them the tracking number. They have access to their own internal business process records as well as the one's they share with eBay. They can correct the error. They cannot, however, get eBay to refund you the difference.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your options are arbitration or small claims court. If you paid for the label with a CC, you could file a chargeback. If you paid with your Paypal balance, Paypal won't help you.

It's not FedEx.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Get your own FE account and link it back to eBay to get the discounted rates.  Then when you have an issue with the shipping charges, you the account holder can work directly with FE for a resolution.  Otherwise eBay is the "shipper of record" and FE will not deal with disputes with you.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Interesting, becuase this is the same problem I have with USPS, I think they -UPS, USPS, fedX,- are all playing this scam.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply