cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excessive shipping costs for my customers

Last couple of sales I have noticed my customers getting excessive shipping costs......is there a glitch in program.....$25 for 2 paperback books via media mail????????????

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: excessive shipping costs for my customers

I'm not aware of a glitch.  Which items and where were they going?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I believe Media Mail prices have increased in the last year or so.  

How heavy were those paperback books?  

Did your post really need 12 question marks?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You offered several methods/prices in the Frank Miller Batman listing. Are you sure your buyer selected Media?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

No glitch it’s user error.
You have 4 options for shipping one being FedEx ground for $21.98.if your buyer doesn’t select one eBay will default to the highest highest shipping cost. You need to change that if your finding this to be a problem.95B189E3-408E-460D-8724-07FE160C9377.jpeg

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Go to the exact listing and make believe that you are going to relist that item but do NOT relist. Looking at the shipping fee. If it's flat fee, did you write 25.oo by mistake? If calculated, was the handling charge too much or was the weight  a big amount.  I leaning towards a typo instead of a glitch.  The few times that a buyer was overcharged it was my error.   When you use a Ipad for ebay, sometimes, the tablet will read your finger without you actually touching it. So if my finger hovered over the item weight and instead of 1 lb, it wrote 11 lbs for the weight, the buyer would be overcharged.  Of course, once they pay I would refund assuming I did not catch the error before the item sold.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

If you have multiple shipping costs listed it defaults to the first cost listed, not the most or least expensive. So if your shipping tab shows the first choice as Priority and the buyer doesn’t select a different option, they will be charged for Priority.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

media mail...they charged him 15 for books and 25.45 for media mail....the total should have been 25.45 for everything....

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

its called frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

sent pic of check out...they charged him twice for books

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

his only choice was media mail

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

thanks

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

only choice was media mail

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

velvetturtle73_0-1681604646013.jpeg

shipping should be $5.05 media mail

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Could you give us item number so we can maybe figure this out for you?

Only asking because all your listings I have viewed so far have like 4 different options....

Message 15 of 15
latest reply