cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Standard Envelope

Hey fellow ebay sellers, will we be able to use the "ebay Standard Envelope" to ship other things like Event Ticket Stubs, Sports Patches, Pins, Photographs or Postcards and stuff like that.  Stuff that is just an ounce or so and are inexpensive.   If they will not allow this I will be increasing my minimum shipping charge from $3.50 to $4.00.

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Re: ebay Standard Envelope

Try both and see what you get! You can reprint an eBay postage label up to 5 times.

Message 31 of 179
latest reply

It did allow me to run a test print with the preview and it prints to that size. It also doesn't print the address parallel to the longest side which is one of the requirements.

Message 32 of 179
latest reply

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Why is the service offered when you make a listing. Then the item sells. When you go to ship eBay standard envelop is not anywhere to be found. You are then stuck with first class shipping. Seriously very aggravated.

Message 33 of 179
latest reply

This seems to be available now.  It is showing up as a shipping service for me on new sports cards listings and also revise on existing ones.   There are some guidelines posted as well

eBay standard envelope

I had wanted to see if I could use bubble mailers.  I still think this is preferred and helps protect the cards.  The smaller mailers meet the size guidelines and you could do a couple of cards in toploaders and stay under 3oz.  However the last guideline gives me pause

• Envelope is NOT enclosed or made of any plastic material

I have used plastic ones for the waterproofing.  I suppose you could get some paper ones.  they are probably all right on the 1/4 in thick border.   I was there was some examples.   

I would like to do a bit more than PWE with this.  I think adding cardboard will push you over the 1/4 thick.  Most all shipped in toploaders make it fine, but its nice to have a bit more protection.

Message 34 of 179
latest reply

Would wrapping the envelope in clear packing tape be considered "Plastic material"

Message 35 of 179
latest reply

The envelopes have to be cardboard.   the best bet is stay flat mailers that are 6x8.    Hope that helps everyone.

Message 36 of 179
latest reply

Hello all, 

I was able to use the new Shipping envelope option today on my other eBay account. The USPS website last month said it would be $. 75.

I just had to change the printer option on my phone to print the label change from short to long end. 

I would really love to use this for other small, flat, lightweight items that I sell. Since first class postage just went up again, I've had to lower my prices a bit to stay competitive 🤔🙄

Message 37 of 179
latest reply

Great questions, I hope someone can answer them. 

I would also like to add another question: Can you print the label directly on a 4x6" envelope?

Message 38 of 179
latest reply

Yes, has anyone figured out how to print a 4x6 label where the address is parallel to the longest side? The label needs to be in landscape format to match the layout of the envelope.

Message 39 of 179
latest reply

If you set the shipping to "Flat Rate Freight", you won't get dinged for no tracking, as this shipping does not come with tracking. However, it will show the estimated delivery as "To Be Determined" (because freight shipping is usually large things that have to be shipped by train). I just explain in the listing that it ships out via stamped envelope and takes 2-5 days. Haven't had any issues and I've been doing this for years!!!

Message 40 of 179
latest reply

In my research for up to 1 ounce it ranges from $0.51-$0.91 cents depending on distance similar to a First Class Package.

I am bummed that this new shipping option does not support the 2" x 7" label format that you can use for USPS labels in eBay, PayPal, & PirateShip.  Shame on me for cheeping out and buying this non-standard size thermal printer I guess.

Message 41 of 179
latest reply

Hmm, the new Help page says that 91 cents is the price for 3 ounces. The price increment for 1 ounce for regular letters is 20 cents.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.45.57 AM.png

Message 42 of 179
latest reply

I guess I am mistaken.  I am not going to know until I actually start shipping I guess.  Someone told me distance was factored into the price, but based on that chart it's not.

Message 43 of 179
latest reply

So I shipped with one of these labels for the first time today. The Women at the post office had never seen one and no idea how it worked. She claims there is no tracking included, even though there is a tracking number on the label? The tracking number however is not a normal USPS tracking number. Anyone have any clue how this works?

Message 44 of 179
latest reply

I thought there was tracking too.  Maybe it's actually through a services like this:

https://trackletters.com/ ?

This might be an alternative for those of us that sell 1st class letter rate items other then trading cards (Tickets, Stamps, etc.).   However it still won't help with " Top Rated " status.

Message 45 of 179
latest reply