cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay showing unrealistic delivery dates to buyers

eBay needs to stop showing unrealistic delivery dates to buyers  especially when those dates are not aligned with our handling time or actual business days.  I have a customer who ordered an item on Christmas Day.  It was listed as economy shipping with two day handling time, which means I actually didn't have to ship until December 29th.  However, I dropped it off at Fedex on the 26th.  Since it was a weekend they didn't upload the acceptance tracking until the 28th.   This package was going to St. Louis MO.

Looking at the sales record eBay showed the customer that the estimated delivery is January 3rd which is  Sunday, and also is not a business delivery day.  Nor did they consider that Friday was another holiday. 

Moreover, the tracking is so screwy.  Ventura CA to Milan NM,   Next was  Chandler, OK onto Champaign Il  and next to Chicago Il and then back again to Champaign II.  The reason this is screwy is that the route Fedex used from Chandler OK they had to travel  right through St. Louis MO before traveling further North to  Champaign and Chicago Illnois. It makes no sense for Fedex to bypass  stopping in St. Louis for delivery  and travel an additional 666 miles up to Chicago and back.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yup

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The COVID issues and the huge online sales have caused some very interesting package routes, and delays that Ebay’s Estimated delivery dates could not possibly track properly for some shipments. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Eb needs to allow sellers to set delivery dates with our choice of handling times and shipping choices and stop updating delivery dates.  I purchased an item from North Carolina to Texas on Dec. 23 that eb gave estimated delivery of Jan. 2.  As of Jan. 3 it is still in NC.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fun fact: The people who design the "estimated delivery date" algorithms most likely do not have a toilet in their house. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply