cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay shipping to Canada from Glendale Heights, IL. 60139

Hi. I Shipped an item addressed to elS C/O in Glendale Heights, IL. 60139-2080. There is another line on the address that looks like a Canadian address. I Guess that eBay forwards the item to Canada from the IL address. The buyer of the item contacted me through eBay and said the item showed that it was Delivered on May 24. The buyer said that they checked on the item five minutes after being notified, on their phone , that it had been delivered. The item was not there. They believe that the item may have been delivered to the wrong place. I tried contacting eBay about this, with no luck. Does anyone have any information on this or had a similar experience? Thanks

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: eBay shipping to Canada from Glendale Heights, IL. 60139

Does your tracking show that it was delivered to Glendale Heights yesterday? If so, the buyer needs to wait for it to be shipped from there to them. It wasn’t delivered to the wrong place if it hasn’t completed its final leg.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Glendale Heights is the new USPS location for eBay's International Shipping Program.  Stuff usually sits there for a few days before it moves to the final destination.  

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

The ebay supplier who process their shipment at Glendale Heights IL, is inneficient 100% your package can be stucked for over 3-4 week doing nothing, easily!!  hope ebay change this carrier soon

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

The ebay supplier who process their shipment at Glendale Heights IL, is inneficient 100% your package can be stucked for over 3-4 week doing nothing, easily!!  hope ebay change this carrier soon

Once eBay/EIS has to start absorbing the cost of INR claims it should speed things up a bit. 

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

The item gets a new shipping label after it leaves IL.   There is a new tracking number. ALL 3 of my international sales since I joined have been to Canada.  One took almost 4 weeks to arrive after it left IL.  The buyer will need to be patient.  There is a new tracking #.  He /she can check to see what it says.  

If they do open a claim, it will be ebay refunding. YOU DO NOT REFUND.  I am not sure exactly what will happen if they open an item not received claim. I don't know if ebay will automatically refund them or if you need to contact ebay.  Again,  YOU DO NOT REFUND.    

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

@igetsupgoods  go to the sold item. the domestic USPS tracking number will be there and will show 'delivered' which means delivered to that consolidation center.

once it leaves the IL consolidation center, it will receive an EEUS xxx ... int'l tracking number that will show up above the domestic tracking number from that sold item.

Give that tracking number to your buyer and have them input it here for the remainder of the tracking info to their country>

https://www.trackmyshipment.co/shipment-tracking

and-or here>

https://parcelsapp.com/en

once the pkg is delivered to the consolidation center, the seller is done with that transaction and eBay takes over for the final delivery and any possible problems. 

the seller no longer has any responsibility for that transaction, it is totally between the buyer and eBay.

here is the link for eBay Int'l Shipping info>

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping#update-your-current-listings-...

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

The new consolidation center was closed when usps tried to deliver my package yesterday.  ????  Is it a one pony town?
it makes zero sense.
 I live on the outskirts of Bumfaque Nowhere and the hay seeds around here graciously work around the clock to compete in a global marketplace.  

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Should be interesting to see how this Glendale Heights in Illinois consolidation center does during winter snowstorms or just plain bad weather. It's a small town of 33,000 people and I bet they don't have one snow truck there. I used to live in Chicago and remember some snowstorms that brought Chicago to a stand still.

I would have picked a place where it is always weather perfect.

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps   I live in the city, Chicago and the weather has been pretty perfect compared to the rest of the country. But u r right, it wasn't always that way, way back in the day.

Picking a weather perfect place nowadays is a crap shoot. What use to be ain't no mo

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

San Francisco is usually 50-60 degrees this entire month of July...no storms and such. I live here. We didn't hit 70+ degrees yet this year I think or can't remember that one day. This would have been a better place for west coast hub. Plus we don't need heat or air conditioning which I guess is expensive indoors? This is where the mailmen, delivery people never retire...ha ha  

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Did this resolve for you?

I sent out two packages to the Glendale Heights facility last week; should’ve been there by now.  Tracking shows TWO delivery attempts that failed, because the facility was closed? The one today shows an attempt at 11:30AM.

I’m not sure what to do.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

I had a sale from this guy last week. His e-mails seemed very fishy. He is registered in Canada. He opened a ebay account just to purchase my item with zero feedback.  I immediately canceled the order with the reason being problem with the address. I blocked his two accounts. I don't need sales that bad to deal with scammers like this.  I reported him to ebay if that actually does anything.

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

EIS is providing buyers with exceptionally long delivery times. It is unlikely that it was exceeded by the delivery to Glendale Heights. It is long enough that even a several week delay in Glendale Heights will not make it late.

Your buyer is overly anxious and does not know how to read the tracking. Treat your buyer with kind words as you would a small child who does not understand.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

Hello. My package arrived at the eBay shipping hub Aug.21. 2023. The information to me was: Your item is being inspected.

then no more info at all. I am very worried about the package. There is no further scanning. My item is going to Norway. Did your package arrive in the end?

Berit.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply