cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

Re: eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

So who is responsible for the tracking?  I asked the Parkrose post office to change the tracking to show "Delivered" NOT "Delivered to an agent for final delivery".  I did this after their initial response to my query telling me the package indeed was delivered as addressed.   Note in pic below that the signature confirmation and the address of delivery was their post office not the freight forwarder. 

They replied. Both my signature tracking request and their response are posted below.  You will note that the signature request has the post office as recipient of package.  But the response DOES list the freight forwarder's address. 

Here is the signature confirmation request.  Again note it is signed for by post office not the freight forwarder. 

9410808205496461584042 Hou Kaun1024_1.jpgNow here is their reply to my request to change the tracking to read delivered.

post office reply.jpg

It is a good thing, while it does not change tracking, it gives the address of the freight forwarder which is the 15617 NE Airport Road.  Something needs to be done about this loophole. 

So who is responsible for the tracking? 

Message 181 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay - the shipping team has not provided any response on updating the orders page in seller hub (at least not one that you've been able to share with us) since I started this discussion two months ago. Can you ask them again for a status update? At least confirm if they are working on it even if there's no ETA for the fix yet?

It's painful to be left hanging with nothing, not even knowing if the delivery status issue on the eBay tracking pop-ups is being addressed. In the meantime sellers are running into roadblocks, CS reps that think these packages aren't delivered despite the official inclusion in policy, and lots of seller and CS time and resources are being wasted.

Appreciate anything you can do to get some sort of acknowledgement or update for us. Thanks, Devon.

OK I just saw on this post Devon wrote: Just wanted to come in to clarify that the actual tracking status will be changed to "Delivered"

I didn't see that earlier because that line of text was added 4 days after the initial post, so we do have confirmation eBay is working on it. 👍

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 182 of 268
latest reply

BEWARE - Sending to any International forwarding company until eBay fixes the tracking problem.

Just had eBay refund a buyer for the "Delivery to Agent For Final Delivery" loophole.

We contacted eBay last week about the case since the buyer was claiming that the package was never delivered. The eBay rep checked the tracking and agreed that the package was delivered, even though the eBay system did not recognize it as being delivered, and that we as a seller would be protected if the buyer escalated the case.

Today, we noticed that eBay closed the case in favor of the buyer, giving them an immediate refund from our account. So, we immediately called eBay, and they now claim that since the tracking shows that the package was delivered to zip code 97230 instead of 97251 that we will lose the case as a seller.

The problem is that all packages that go the shipping forwarder in Portland, OR all get scanned as being delivered to 97230 by the USPS - it is a "blanket" zip code to cover all packages delivered to that address no matter what the actual zip code on the package reads.

This is a big problem, and I told the eBay rep that we will have to cancel any transactions going to shipping forwarders unless the tracking problem is fixed. Just not worth the risk if eBay is unable to comprehend the USPS tracking.

Message 183 of 268
latest reply

Usually I find the FF customers and the agents to be great to work with , very seamless, so I would hope the FF agencies are also working on their end to resolve this b/c it will become an issue for their clients if ebay sellers won't deal with them.  I wonder if customers using UPS/FedeX  have this issue, or just parcels sent USPS. 

Message 184 of 268
latest reply

Update - I emailed eBay about the "Item Not Received" case and they reversed their initial decision that was in favor of the buyer. And put the funds back into our account.

The eBay rep agreed that the package was delivered as intended after looking at the USPS tracking.

For some reason, the eBay phone reps are giving conflicting info on these cases - guessing since most are reading from a script and maybe don't understand the USPS tracking fully. The first phone rep we contacted about a week ago looked at the tracking and said we were covered as seller. Then after the eBay case was closed in favor of the buyer, the second phone rep we spoke to said we were not covered based on the USPS tracking since the delivery zip codes did not match.

So, if you are dealing with an "Item Not Received" case due to the "Delivered to Agent" tracking issue, your best bet is to email eBay customer service about the situation. That will get the details in front of the right people. And hopefully get the case resolved in your favor.

Message 185 of 268
latest reply

Hooray,  While tracking on my package using Freight Fowarder in Portland is saying "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery"  if I clik my "order number" under "manage paid and shipped"  the package shows at delivered! 

I hope that this keeps me safe from INR.   I suppose my question of who is responsible for tracking has 2 answers.  

1. clicking the tracking number is under command of USPS and they told me that the "delivered to agent" scan would be the last scan I would get as it was delivered.

2. clicking the order number is under command of Ebay and they are able to say delivered rather than in transit or delivered to agent.

Here is my "order number" statement.

This experience has spooked me from selling with a freight forwarder intermediary.  Hopefully this loophole is understood by CS in cases of INR's and proof of delivery. 

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 09-52-57 Sales record – eBay Seller Hub.jpg

Message 186 of 268
latest reply

Excellent news - I hope others start seeing the same. Thanks for posting the update @sweetchibi*.

GLORIOUS!

Message 187 of 268
latest reply

Mine still does not say delivered. Wonder what magic sweetchibi* has?? 🤔😉

Message 188 of 268
latest reply

@sunny_ell wrote:

Mine still does not say delivered. Wonder what magic sweetchibi* has?? 🤔😉

This is likely going to be a go-forward fix. Meaning, if they fix it today you'll see delivered status on items delivered today or later. Anything from when the glitch began through yesterday would show whatever the erroneous status was like available for pickup or in transit. That's typically how eBay rolls on these things.

I don't know if the issue is fixed just yet as we've seen available for pickup status dated Feb 13 (same as sweetchibi's delivery date). Sweetchibi might just be lucky like gurlcat was.

I'm going to wait for more reports to come in to see if this is truly fixed or not, but I'm hopeful.

GLORIOUS!

Message 189 of 268
latest reply

I'm dealing with the same issue right now, I'm a long time buyer and first time seller, this was my very first sale and I didn't lookup the address online first to see if it was a residence, it was a freight forwarder. I only sell to the 50 states. It was delivered 2/16 per USPS says 'Delivered to Final Agent' but it still doesn't show as delivered on eBay. I am 99% sure I'm going to be scammed. In fact, after that, someone bought several of my items wirh no combined shipping request, no best offer, and all 3 purchases from different usernames had the SAME a DE freight forwarder address. Luckily, I caught those and cancelled all of those immediately.  This really left me disappointed and I deactivated all my listings until I can better understand what's happening.  I am not a big seller and don't have money to be losing! 

Message 190 of 268
latest reply

Im having the exact same issue as everyone else in this thread. It says "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" on USPS, but on ebay it says it was not delivered and (still in transit). I need an update ASAP.  

Tracking Number: 9400108205497629193742

Message 191 of 268
latest reply

Latest example delivered Feb 15th which is later than sweetchibi's 'delivered' status on Feb 13th. Confirms issue isn't fixed yet.

GLORIOUS!

Message 192 of 268
latest reply

In coding, a simple if/then line could fix this issue.

I don't think a fix is coming...

Message 193 of 268
latest reply

I can't believe this still isn't working properly and I'm still having to explain to confused customers (contacting me mostly in other languages) why the tracking results on eBay are wrong and there is nothing waiting to be picked up and that the package was actually delivered. 

Message 194 of 268
latest reply

Yeah, as of a couple days ago I'm still not seeing a fix. Packages delivered Feb 27th-28th show available for pickup and in transit simultaneously on eBay tracking, while the USPS scan says delivered to agent.

GLORIOUS!

Message 195 of 268
latest reply