cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay no longer receives refund update from paypal

I do not have many returns but the last month I had two. When Item was returned I tried to send a refund through eBay pushed the REFUND button I was given this message "Refund could not be pressed at this time please process refund through PaPal." After processing the refund through PaPal my seller dashboard was not updated. A week later eBay sent me a message said, "Please refund your buyer if you do not eBay will refund on your behalf.” It took some time to straighten out the mess, buyer had to send me a message that they received the refund and I had to provide eBay a screen shot of the refund from PayPal. Now that PayPal is not owned by eBay is this standard practice dealing with refunds? Or am I just doing something wrong? When I do a partial shipping cost refund through PayPal it shows up on my eBay dashboard but if I do a larger refund through PayPal it does not show up on my eBay dashboard.  Anybody else having this kind of problem?

Specializing in antiques of virtue, objects of art and curiosity
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: eBay no longer receives refund update from paypal

eBay has no way of knowing what you do through PayPal. You have to cancel the transaction in order to notify them of the refund.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 2
latest reply