cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Shipping Help with DHL

Someone from Australia purchased a item using the international option, the one that uses eIS C/O in the name slot.

So I shipped it with Fedex, it arrived at shipping hub, was handed off to DHL. DHL gave a new tracking number, and that number hasn't been updated at all. If I enter that number in the DHL website it says, "No result found. This could be due to missing shipment or tracking details. Please try again later."

DHL has had the package for 11 days, and tracking has never been updated. The customer is reasonably upset, and I'm not sure what to do. Since this international shipping was eBay's offer, do I contact them, or DHL? Has anyone else had this issue? Does eBay's new service cover this? Because I know the old one that sent all packages to KY seemed to cover these issues. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You are using EIS. EIS is Ebay International Shipping. Tell the customer to get with EIS as all you are responsible to do is to get it to Glendale Illinois and they then take over. Also; 11 days is nothing when shipping to AU. Customs alone can take 3-4 weeks where an item just 'sits' on a pallet in a warehouse waiting 'its turn'. 

EIS handles all forwarding and if customer doesn't get it or customer wants to return it, you KEEP the sale and EIS will refund when they deem it's time (and lost).

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Track the package here to see it it shows more data @stargizmos 

https://parcelsapp.com/en

But the bottom line is EIS is responsible once the package departs their facility. If the item doesn't arrive by the latest end of the estimated delivery date, your buyer can file an item not received claim through eBay and eBay will cover any refunds.

Do not contact DHL or eBay to inquire about package location/status - not for an EIS shipment on the international leg of the journey.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I second @wastingtime101's suggestion to see if there is tracking data on the Parcelsapp site.

Having said that, your buyer--like any buyer--was given a delivery time estimate on the listing page and at the time of purchase.  I suspect that the first estimated date of delivery is still a long ways off.  What happens between when you send the item off and when it arrives at its final destination is actually generally not of great importance.  As a semi-reformed tracking geek, I've come to the conclusion that we buyers have been oversold on the value of tracking.  It creates more stress than peace of mind.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

That link you sent, the DHL tracking number works. But on your website it's for a package sent May 3rd, my item was purchased May 9th.  So, DHL might have messed up there.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@stargizmos wrote:

That link you sent, the DHL tracking number works. But on your website it's for a package sent May 3rd, my item was purchased May 9th.  So, DHL might have messed up there.

This is the second report I've seen of Parcelsapp displaying incorrect dates for event scans for eIS items.  

When you were trying to look up the tracking of your item on the DHL site, were you looking it up as a DHL eCommerce item or a DHL Global Post item?  I think the two tracking databases are separate and it's supposed to be the latter.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@stargizmos wrote:

Whatever the issue is, eBay can sort it out if it comes down to that. But it sounds like the package is moving along and your buyer will get it without issue.

Send the buyer the parcelsapp link since they were asking about tracking.

By the way, this is a peer forum. I'm just another seller. When an eBay rep replies to a post you'll see their ID/post very clearly labeled as eBay.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

In my case DHL shipped from Germany to the US. Then the tracking was dropped once in the US. The seller asked me to be patient even after I reported it as never received. BE AWARE ebay only gives you one month to respond to the claim and although I did interract to the seller who pushed me to be patient one month went by and the case was dropped. All proof of the complaint gone! Even the purchase itself. The seller changed names. Not that I blahim fully bt DHL hands off to USPS. But with no number (usps tracking does not have letters thus "invalid number" and no customer service with a real person. The item Says "open status" under e Commerce. When a buyer buys one expects delivery to my home. The seller claims he is not responsible. Ebay claims case closed and no recourse after 3 months.  Which it has been. It was only $158 but most of that was for "shipping".   Read the clauses when buying from Germany as I have now seen them sell under the terms that once in US. You have to search all over for your package. Ebay should be ashamed of themselves for utilizing DHL. By the way its mandate on all items over 1 pound or international shipping to use DHL.  Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply