cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customs

I stay in Greece if I buy a radio from America

Could you please tell me what it is? ( VAT ) if i pay them, i have to pay again Customs when i receive it? in GREECE?     Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

customs

Your on the USA board.   Don't know if they have one for your country.  If they do, try asking there.

You can also contact customs in Greece and check with them.   VAT is value added tax. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

customs

VAT (value added tax) and customs/duties are separate fees @kirchi_90 . eBay's system will charge VAT upfront, however customs/duties are between you and your country. As suggested above, contact your country's customs office for more info on those fees.

You can start by doing some research online. This site tells you, in part:

https://www.greeklawdigest.gr/topics/exports-imports-customs/item/256-exports-imports-customs

The duty rates applied to imports into Greece typically range between 0% and 17%. Certain goods may be subject to additional duties for anti-dumping or countervailing purposes, depending on the country of origin. Customs duties are calculated ad valorem on the CIF value of the imports.

The standard VAT rate for importing items into Greece is 23%, whereas certain products, such as books, are charged with VAT at the reduced rate of 6%. VAT is calculated on the value of the goods plus international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply