cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer wants item shipped to different address (work)

How do I ship to a different address via Ebay shipping. Buyer wants it shipped to his work.  I always used PayPal shipping until about 5 months ago and its not clear how to do this on eBay shipping.  thanks. He's already paid

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: buyer wants item shipped to different address (work)

First off... DO NOT ship to any address other than the one on the eBay order.  Does that address both issues?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@snowdog2021 

Cancel the order as a problem with buyers address.

Relist and buyer can buy using the correct address.

If you change the address, you loose what little seller protection we have.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Contact the buyer. Tell them You wil have to cancel the transaction as PROBLEM WITH BUYER ADDRESS, and you will be happy to ship their item to their workplace as long as they change the address on their account to the business address. Then tell them to repurchase the item. Never ever, change the shipping address on here without following these steps. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

So I cancelled the transaction as a PROBLEM WITH BUYER ADDRESS.  I emailed the buyer and told him I could relist the item for the amount he  was supposed to pay for it as a Buy it Now.  He has to let me know when he changes his address on his account and then I can put up the record for the amount he paid for.  I hope this works and will not resist the item until I hear from him.  He got a great deal on it by the way.  This often sells for double he got it for so he should be willing to go through some hoops.  I hope I'm doing this the right way.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Might be a better idea to use BIN w/best offer. Set the BIN at some outrageous amount (so that someone else who might see it first doesn't want to buy it) and tell him that you'll be watching for his "best offer" to come in at the agreed upon price.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@snowdog2021 wrote:

So I cancelled the transaction as a PROBLEM WITH BUYER ADDRESS.  I emailed the buyer and told him I could relist the item for the amount he  was supposed to pay for it as a Buy it Now.  He has to let me know when he changes his address on his account and then I can put up the record for the amount he paid for.  I hope this works and will not resist the item until I hear from him.  He got a great deal on it by the way.  This often sells for double he got it for so he should be willing to go through some hoops.  I hope I'm doing this the right way.  

@snowdog2021 

I'd still not get real excited just yet. Any buyer can put the correct shipping address on the Order when they buy. The buyer doesn't need to change  the address on his account... and even if the buyer does change the address, that takes about one second.

If I was the seller, and could get double what your buyer person paid for it... I'd relist it right now. Good luck to you...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply