cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund shipping fees to buyer

How do I refund shipping fees to a buyer?  The actual shipping cost was less than he paid me and I want to refund the difference.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

In orders -sellers hub, click on the arrow dropdown next to that item, click on send refund, enter the amount that you want to refund and the reason.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your call of course, but obviously the buyer was happy to pay what they did. Sometimes you make a little on the S&H, sometimes you lose a little. I used to always refund any postage overage, even sent a message to let them know, and never, not once, did a buyer ever even say thanks.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you chose to refund part of shipping, take into account that eBay does not refund any fees they charged you on a partial refund.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Was this USPS?

Not sure what the price difference was but remember sellers pay eBay rates not retail rate as you would walking into the PO 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I used to refund too and not once did anyone say thanks. One person said I shouldn't  have made a mistake with the shipping cost in the first place!  Another one didn't bother to see it was a small refund and cursed at me and said she didn't ask for her blankety money back and I better send her blankety blank  item!  I asked her to please read the message with the refund, that I was not cancelling just refunding some shipping.   No good deed goes unpunished.  From then on everybody pays RETAIL rates plus $1-$3 handling added to that added because bubble wrap, peanuts and air pillows ain't free.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply