cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airmail

Is international airmail a thing of the past? I shipped a record to Australia and only option cost $79...Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: airmail

Australia and New Zealand are Not accepting USA shipments via USPS at this time...due to Covid restrictions...But eBay's  International Standard Shipping is still available to Australia and New Zealand...Prices are Similar to First Class International Airmail...and include Insurance....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Australia's service disruption affects

Priority Mail International (PMI)

First Class Package International Service (FCPIS)

Commercial ePacket (CeP)

International Priority Airmail (IPA) packets

International Priority Airmail (IPA) M-Bags

International Surface Air Lift  (ISAL) packets

International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags

Military and diplomatic mail is not affected.

EXPENSIVE Global Express is not affected.

eBay International Standard  Delivery  and GSP is not affected.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Everything that goes out of the country is shipped by Air.   Just like there is no more Mail going by Sea.   Airmail is automatic.   If your package is oversized and over weight, maybe that is why  it is so expensive.  I mail all my International Packages via USPS and have never had a problem.   

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You wouldn't  be saying that if you keep up with Seller News>Announcements or

about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/

Tell us how you mail your packages to Australia when service there has been severely  resttricted?  Looks like Global Express without the guarantee is all you have left unless you ship using eBay International Delivery or GSP.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Did you include all the details re the item and packaging - especially size and weight?

That amount sounds like a GSP guesstimate when they don't have all the info, and it's always something skyhigh and a rip off for the buyer.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply