cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yanwen, 4PX and company

Good evening:

I would like to ask sellers to give the option to pay for a tracking number that actually can be tracked. I have been sidelined with sellers using the logistics companies mentioned above, I'll gladly pay the fee for the opportunity to be able to track my items. The items are taking too long to reach their destination it didn't happen before. I've been buying on Ebay for quite sometime and this is frustrating. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Yanwen, 4PX and company

@dilsiam787 wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

You understand that most items coming from China are not trackable until they reach your country?

Puerto Rico is a U.S. unincorporated territory since 1898, I've been capable to track most of my purchases before but I'm not here to begin a battle, I asked only a favor to sellers. A question how is it possible to sell from an address in the U.S. but the item comes from China? Am I correct?

Good evening

How it is possible, as others have noted - drop shipping.  One of the "lovely" aspects of buying on ebay is that one needs to read carefully and do some investigations before buying.  To solve the "drop shipping" issue, make sure that the item location is the same as the seller's location.  Sometimes this can be determined by looking at seller feedback.

Now on the other hand, if you get a package and the return label or the tracking information (origin) is different than the seller's location - that is an ebay policy violation and others will have to comment on what or how to do anything about that.

Hang in there it does take some "learning curve" to operate on ebay and I know at times it can be frustrating.  But you are doing the right thing coming here to ask & learn!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@dilsiam787 wrote:

Good evening:

I would like to ask sellers to give the option to pay for a tracking number that actually can be tracked. I have been sidelined with sellers using the logistics companies mentioned above, I'll gladly pay the fee for the opportunity to be able to track my items. The items are taking too long to reach their destination it didn't happen before. I've been buying on Ebay for quite sometime and this is frustrating. 

What you ask, generally speaking, is impossible if you buy from a Chinese seller.  Third world countries do not have the infrastructure to provide detailed tracking at a price point that is less than outrageous.

If you want detailed tracking, buy from an American seller. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Impossible? I've been buying from Chinese sellers for a long time, many items almost everything and I didn't face this problem before. U.S. sellers doesn't have what I want most of the time, and they don't ship to Puerto Rico some items I needed in the past. I learned on a forum here why is this and I have no choice but to buy elsewhere. 

If that's the case I'll buy on Amazon or another online marketplace.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@dilsiam787 wrote:

Impossible? I've been buying from Chinese sellers for a long time, many items almost everything and I didn't face this problem before.

I don't think your definition of "tracking" and mine are the same.

Regardless, if whatever you define as "tracking" is always working, but somehow didn't work one time, then I'm not sure what you are complaining about because mistakes happen from time to time.

@dilsiam787 wrote:

Amazon doesn't ship items from China ... other online marketplaces will have the same "tracking" systems as you will encounter on eBay.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You understand that most items coming from China are not trackable until they reach your country?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Puerto Rico is a U.S. unincorporated territory since 1898, I've been capable to track most of my purchases before but I'm not here to begin a battle, I asked only a favor to sellers. A question how is it possible to sell from an address in the U.S. but the item comes from China? Am I correct?

Good evening

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@dilsiam787 wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

Good evening

It’s called dropshipping. US-based Sellers dropship items from China. They order the product from their supplier in China and have it shipped directly to you. Or, they are based in China but thanks to ebays help, they have warehouses here & they ship out of both locations.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

It's called Dropshipping
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dilsiam787 wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

Good evening

How it is possible, as others have noted - drop shipping.  One of the "lovely" aspects of buying on ebay is that one needs to read carefully and do some investigations before buying.  To solve the "drop shipping" issue, make sure that the item location is the same as the seller's location.  Sometimes this can be determined by looking at seller feedback.

Now on the other hand, if you get a package and the return label or the tracking information (origin) is different than the seller's location - that is an ebay policy violation and others will have to comment on what or how to do anything about that.

Hang in there it does take some "learning curve" to operate on ebay and I know at times it can be frustrating.  But you are doing the right thing coming here to ask & learn!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@goldguy22k wrote:

@dilsiam787 wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

Good evening

If the return label has a different address it is not necessarily a policy violation. The sellers return address does not have to be the same as the item location. The only time it would even be an issue is if the buyer is paying for return shipping because it can cost more to ship to the return address than the item location. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

This is what I was referencing.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/item-location-policy?id=4244&st=2&pos=1&query=It...

Item location policy overview

Sellers must provide information about where their items are located, including the city, state, and country where the items will be shipped from or picked up. This information must be accurate and may not be misleading.

All items located in the United States must include a zip code or use the shipping rate table, unless the item ships using freight shipping, or will ship from multiple locations.

Make sure your listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, some or all of your listings may be ended or not displayed in the eBay search results. You may also be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@dilsiam787 wrote:

Impossible? I've been buying from Chinese sellers for a long time, many items almost everything and I didn't face this problem before.

I don't think your definition of "tracking" and mine are the same.

Regardless, if whatever you define as "tracking" is always working, but somehow didn't work one time, then I'm not sure what you are complaining about because mistakes happen from time to time.

@dilsiam787 wrote:

Amazon doesn't ship items from China ... other online marketplaces will have the same "tracking" systems as you will encounter on eBay.

It's been happening often that's the reason I came here. I almost never write on community forums of companies but I have had enough of the nonsense; answer me this why does the sellers need a middleman as Yanwen for example when their warehouses are full to the hilt because I'm sure they offer their service to other businesses, it's easy for packages to be lost, misplaced or simply disappear?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply