cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong address

I entered the wrong address on my package. Immediately after I ordered the product, I both left on note on the purchase order AND sent the seller an email stating that I would like to change my address. I provided the new address in both cases. The seller ignored my request and shipped the product to the incorrect address anyway! I asked the seller for a refund, but received no response. Will eBay money back guarantee cover this?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wrong address

I can understand your frustration... To a point.

With that being said, unfortunately for you, the seller is bound by policy to ship to the provided address in the initial order. That's his / her obligation.

So-  the seller is actually in the right here. YOU made the mistake. 

Second, any attempt to give this seller a bad feedback review based on your own mistake will reflect more badly for you than the seller, so don't do it.

Sellers are quite often scammed by people who surreptitiously ask them to change addresses while an order has shipped. For all the seller knows, you may ( hypothetically) be doing something devious. 

Sorry this happened to you, but - it happened.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If the package went to the address on the order, the seller would prevail in an Item Not Delivered claim.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

So there's really nothing you can do? It's the wrong address, so I'll be giving someone else my stuff. I looked up the address, but can't find a way to contact the residents.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No; nothing you can do unless seller responds. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Are you certain of this? Is there any way to say that I won't give them a bad review if my money is refunded that isn't blackmail?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I can understand your frustration... To a point.

With that being said, unfortunately for you, the seller is bound by policy to ship to the provided address in the initial order. That's his / her obligation.

So-  the seller is actually in the right here. YOU made the mistake. 

Second, any attempt to give this seller a bad feedback review based on your own mistake will reflect more badly for you than the seller, so don't do it.

Sellers are quite often scammed by people who surreptitiously ask them to change addresses while an order has shipped. For all the seller knows, you may ( hypothetically) be doing something devious. 

Sorry this happened to you, but - it happened.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@iaulle2 wrote:

Are you certain of this? Is there any way to say that I won't give them a bad review if my money is refunded that isn't blackmail?

@iaulle2 

Say it to who? The seller that doesn't respond to messages? 

Anyway-yes, that is feedback 'blackmail' and the seller can easily have it removed should the item show that it was delivered to the address that was on the order (which it will be)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Sorry, but sellers are required to ship to the address given when the order is paid for.

No, the MBG does not cover the buyer providing the wrong address.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@iaulle2 wrote:

So there's really nothing you can do? It's the wrong address, so I'll be giving someone else my stuff. I looked up the address, but can't find a way to contact the residents.

@iaulle2 

Don't give up hope yet. Maybe it'll be returned to the seller if you are not at that address. Fingers crossed for you.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Why should they lose money because you failed to put the correct address in.  Everyone that I know puts a change of address when they move.  Why didn't you do that?   Can you contact a neighbor at your old address to tell the new residents to refuse the package?  Perhaps give your neighbor your phone # so that they can give it to the new residents.    Anyway, this loss is on you.   Do NOT buy anything here online until you make the change of address on your account.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

If the box is returned to the sender, you will have to repay the shipping.  The seller should NOT lose 1 cent because of your error.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for this

Message 12 of 12
latest reply