cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does eBay mark item delivered Global Shipping Program

Does eBay show an item as delivered via the Global Shipping Program when it arrives at their processing address or the buyer's address?

Toward the end of May, I shipped an item via the Global Shipping Program. The tracking on USPS shows as delivered to the GSP address in Oregon a few days later, but on eBay, it still shows as not yet delivered. Does the eBay system wait until package is received by buyer? I was under the impression that once it arrived at the program processing center, my part of the shipping was considered complete, and assumed it should show up as delivered on eBay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: When does eBay mark item delivered Global Shipping Program

The GSP was discontinued and replaced by eIS (eBay International Shipping), but since your transaction was in May it's possible you were still using GSP.

Either way, you'll see delivered on the USPS site, but the eBay tracking window will remain on "in transit" until the package is delivered to the buyer.

If the buyer files an item not received claim through eBay, you're covered by seller protections since it was successfully delivered to the US hub.

Are you having an issue with the buyer @alibaba40she or is this just a general, "why hasn't tracking updated" question?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: When does eBay mark item delivered Global Shipping Program

Hi, Thanks for the reply. 😊.

No, no problem…yet…I was just wondering, since so much time has passed, if it truly has not reached its final destination and if I would be encountering problems, if it hadn’t. You confirmed how I read the eIS—after getting to the stateside address, my shipping responsibility is complete. 

However, I would feel…um, more complete/settled, if it showed on eBay also as delivered.  It’s hard to believe that it could still be in transit 4 months out. US to China estimates are under a month. 🤷🏻‍

Message 3 of 3
latest reply