cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if the buyer asks for the goods to be sent to another address

Hello. Yesterday I received payment for the goods ($ 70). After that I received a message to send the goods to a completely different address. I checked the buyer's account in PayPal and this address is not confirmed (although the address is the United States). If I send to the address that the buyer sent me, I will lose the seller's protection. I had a doubt about this deal. If I cancel the deal, the client can leave me a negative fitback. What should I do in this situation? I still have a Sunday before sending the goods. Please any advice. Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What to do if the buyer asks for the goods to be sent to another address

First get your buyer to agree that you will refund, and then your buyer can go through checkout again, this time with the correct address.

If the buyer means you harm, the buyer will refuse. And if that happens, cancel the transaction with the reason Problem with buyer's address.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your help
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

He only way to cancel without a defect on your account is problem with buyers address or buyer requested.

send your buyer an email and tell them you can only ship to the address listed by eBay. Tell them you will cancel the sale which will refund them, and you will relist the item so after they change their address in PayPal they can purchase again.  If they give you any flack about it, add them to your blocked bidder list and cancel the sale by problem with buyers address.

The eBay mods have stated eBay will cover you if you have an email from he buyer stating they requested you to do this but PayPal will not and neither will a credit card. Since buyers can open a case here and then open another with PayPal, sooner or later you would lose. Don't do it.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you very much
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You can only get the seller protection if you send to the address that is on the PAYPAL PAYMENT.

A lot of buyer keep more than one address and should remember to switch to that when making payment.

The address they use on eBay is not relevant.

Radine

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Nor is "confirmed" address relevant. You have not been required to ship to a confirmed address for years.

Radine

Message 7 of 7
latest reply