cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Gold.

Seller sold me fake gold.  Dont accept return.  What shall i do ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Fake Gold.

File a dispute. Item Not As Described

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

Open a SNAD claim and have him pay for return shipping.  EZPZ

It does seem you have an ongoing problem with that though. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

Both sellers you claim sold you fake gold had pristine accounts prior to your transaction with them and they appear to have had a fair amount of experience with other buyers purchasing gold from them.

What makes you think the items were not real gold?  Why do you think you were able to determine that when other buyers did not?

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

I bought that gold 2 month ago. Yesterday i was at jeweler. He said it is 100% fake.
I opened request but seller declined the return request.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

Here's what you should do:

(1) Take the gold to someone who can reliably assess whether it is fake or not ... a jeweler may not be qualified ... a gold dealer or coin dealer is probably better qualified.  Or, at least, get a second opinion.

(2) If fake, and you have exhausted eBay return options, then submit a claim through PayPal and/or your credit card company (if you used a credit card).

(3) If genuine, please remove those negative comments from the sellers.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

@naasan.dwrzkmejwy wrote:

I bought that gold 2 month ago. Yesterday i was at jeweler. He said it is 100% fake.
I opened request but seller declined the return request.

If you opened a "fake" return request, the seller cannot "decline" the request, that is simply not possible. A fake item request would fall under not as described (aka SNAD) and the seller can only do 1. Issue a return shipping label and once returned give a 100% refund, 2. Issue a 100% refund and let you keep the item or 3. Offer a partial refund and let you keep the item (which you don't have to accept). I assume you opened a "Buyers Remorse" return with falls under the sellers return policy which the seller does not accept returns, so he denied it. You can still open one through PayPal but it will be more of a hassle and you'll have to pay return shipping.

As far as your method of determining if its fake or not, taking it to someone that most likely sells gold is not going to get the most genuine answer. There are test kits you can buy or you can take it to a pawn shop and say you want to pawn it (they'll give you a print out most likely) along with a number of other ways.

If after all this the gold turn out to be genuine, kindly ask those sellers for a feedback revision form so that you can update your feedback.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

It is fake, no doubt.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

What method did the jeweler use to determine it was fake - density displacement, ultrasonic, or did they just bite the corner?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Fake Gold.

@repairelectronics wrote:

What method did the jeweler use to determine it was fake - density displacement, ultrasonic, or did they just bite the corner?

He just looked at it and said, "This is fake. Let me throw it away for you." LOL

OP, buy a test kit if you are going to buy gold. If you don't test it yourself, then there is doubt. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply