cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We had to cancel your order?

Hi, I guess I should have been wary, but still thought my item would would be shipped and delivered. However, today, I received an issue with your order notice and we had to cancel your order. So, what am I supposed to do now? I mean  they said it was shipped, but the item was taken off ebay. I have never had this happen before, so please help me with figuring out my next steps. Thanks for listeningi and assisting, RD

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: We had to cancel your order?

Go to the resolution center and file an item not received case. If the seller or item was removed, you can often file right away. Link to resolution is at bottom of page.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Well, I called the 1-866-9253 number and a lady helped me out with the refund. However, seemed real strange, I had to go through many hoops, account info, then had to give them my credit card, wierd, then I had to go to 1-800-209-3229 number and give them my order for refund, 12 digit code. Does this sound correct, or did I get hacked somehow? Anyway ,thanks for helping, please keep directing me. She said to call that same number above and say account was hacked and she would shuttle me over to refunds, OK?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I do not understand why you would have to give your credit card information.  You need to shut your credit card down; this sounds too much like  scam.  

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

It's not necessary to call ebay or jump thru hoops to get a refund.   Two phone calls and the credit card info would keep me awake at night.    

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Well, we went through every possible scenario. Ebay is being used by someone to gain credit card and other information, as some of their business is being done by phone!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@tomterr3d wrote:

Well, I called the 1-866-9253 number and a lady helped me out with the refund. However, seemed real strange, I had to go through many hoops, account info, then had to give them my credit card, wierd, then I had to go to 1-800-209-3229 number and give them my order for refund, 12 digit code. Does this sound correct, or did I get hacked somehow? Anyway ,thanks for helping, please keep directing me. She said to call that same number above and say account was hacked and she would shuttle me over to refunds, OK?

@tomterr3d:  

Yes, you have been fooled, that second 800 number was a scam, not eBay!

I don't know what was the first number you called, but eBay does NOT have call-in phone support at the moment because of the pandemic. The best way to reach eBay customer service is to go through the Help & Contact link (top or bottom of the page), answer the questions until you get to the end, then scroll down to your contact options and choose "have us call you". They don't give the option for you to call them anymore.

The second number you posted is NOT AN EBAY NUMBER! I see that it is at the top of the google search as "the best" ebay number, which should have made you immediately suspicious. Trying to check it, it comes back as an unknown number (see below), and since it's a toll-free number that is 110% sure sign it's a scam.

You need to cancel your credit card IMMEDIATELY. Call the number on the back of the card and report that it may have been compromised. You need to do this right away so hopefully they will be able to protect you against fraudulent charges that may already have been placed.

image.png

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

1-800-209-3229

Why a India eBay phone number???.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

1-800-209-3229

Why a India eBay phone number???.

It's not really an eBay India phone number. The scammers just posted fake websites to make it look like that.

800 numbers are only used within the North American numbering plan (Basically, this is the USA, Canada and a number of countries in the Caribbean). So the fact that an 800 number is listed for eBay India, with an address in India, is a giveaway that it's fake.

OP probably tried to get the customer service number for eBay from google, and got caught. The scammers appear to have a lot of fake websites with this number ... that's part of their scamming efforts to make the number appear legitimate.

This is why  you should NEVER  use google to look for a customer service number. Go to the real website my typing the address into the URL box at the top of the browser, and find the way to reach customer service there.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

FYI  The only US eBay Customer Service number is(was) 1 866.540.3229 (when it was active).  That incomplete 1. 866.9253 number you stated doesn't come close to that.

Protect your Credit/Debit card now!

All Item Not Received cases  can be  simply resolved without a phone call.  Just go to the Resolution Center (link at bottom of most eBay pages)

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Well, thanks for all the assistance. However, this was an ebay rep, she knew about the item I ordered, the price, that the order was cancelled, all the necessary info to start what seemed like a refund path. So, ebay has basically been hacked, a friend of mine stopped over and this has been happening more, since people work from their homes, but this lady, honestly seemed legit, she said the credit card number was to establish that I was over 18, that is the only reason I gave it out. All this has never happened to me before, but it is really difficult to defend, even ebay support was helpful, but the last person was quite worried. Anyway, another lost day in the covid crisis ! RD

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Some thing is not right.

This tells me you need to contact your credit card today, well maybe even yesterday.....

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@tomterr3d wrote:

Well, thanks for all the assistance. However, this was an ebay rep, she knew about the item I ordered, the price, that the order was cancelled, all the necessary info to start what seemed like a refund path. So, ebay has basically been hacked, a friend of mine stopped over and this has been happening more, since people work from their homes, but this lady, honestly seemed legit, she said the credit card number was to establish that I was over 18, that is the only reason I gave it out. All this has never happened to me before, but it is really difficult to defend, even ebay support was helpful, but the last person was quite worried. Anyway, another lost day in the covid crisis ! RD

NO NO NO--a credit card does not establish age parameters. eBay would never ask for your credit card information. I believe you are the victim of a scam. Go to eBay's Security Center right away to determine if that call was legit. Here is the link below or you can go to the Security Center button on most eBay pages. This is a serious situation and needs to be addressed immediately. In the meantime, call your credit card company to see if any bogus charges are present. 

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I am grateful for all the replies, but I thought I mentioned that I talked with ebay on that number like seven times, so it is not a bogus number like a lot of people in here stated. In fact, it works, just called them before I came back in here. What they think happened is, someone who was supposed to be working for them from home, has been scamming people for a few months. If you had been on the line, you would have thought it was really legit, they even transferred me a few times to other ebay reps. Yes, I cancelled all the credit card stuff and changed tons of passwords, etc., from now on, not bidding on any too good to be true items and a seller will need to have lots of good transactions. Another however, I went to his standing page and there were  at least four recent good feedbacks, hmmm ?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

the phone number was good, just  used it, that is not the problem. The rep knew everything, no way to  know some of that info without being able to look into my account!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply