cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS

I am struggling to understand why ANY professional seller still uses USPS, but my reason for posting is that on far too many occassions I have been offered 10 different ways to buy something, multiple ways to pay BUT only 1one option for delivery - **bleep** USPS !

I am a relatively profilic purchaser - but the current "**bleep** USPS" issue is an item purchased from a professional business (a new car part), ordered on Dec 30th. My car is off the road. The part was available and I need it. BUT - only option given is USPS. Why?

In this case the delivery time-frame is listed between Jan 11th and Jan 20th .... thats 9 days variance or 3 times longer than the complete transit time for UPS or DHL.

To be clear, my question to the forum is not about USPS , it is to EBAY sellers that continually choose to offer ONLY the USPS service - I dont want free delivery if it is going to take 2 weeks. I just want the item. I will pay. I will pay for delivery.

I am so frustrated with this that I have now listed all the suppliers I have bought from that shipped via USPS and made my personal "blacklist to avoid".

If there is a logical answer to anyone can give, I would appreciate it .... because at the moment I'm close to giving up on using EBAY and going back to buying from the store - it may be more effort but nowhere near as frustrating as waiting 2 weeks.   

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: USPS

I think it's funny you left out important info, like you are located in Trinidad or Tobago. Regardless, you can always ask a seller if expedited shipping is available. I'm happy to ship as fast as someone is willing to pay, but the problem most of the time is buyers aren't willing to pay anything for upgraded shipping.

I used to be in the parts business myself, and regularly overnighted parts to a lot of happy customers. In every case they contacted me first, if they needed something right away and fast shipping wasn't listed or offered up front.

I don't have any experience shipping to your location, so I don't know what the "best" carrier in this instance would have been. I do know, for what it is, USPS does a decent job of getting widgets from A to B pretty darned inexpensively, and pretty darned quickly too. Whenever customs / international is involved, shipping times can go out the window and nobody can control that. You can thank the druggies for the inconvenience.
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Because for many of us, a UPS is not just around the corner, does not have any after hours drop off option in the area,  and, unless you track down the truck or they are making a daily stop, UPS charges for scheduling a pick up.  My USPS delivery person just picks up.  USPS also delivers most of my packages more quickly than UPS.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I agree with tracking it through USPS. I've done that as a buyer and seller and think it helps, too.
"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I've shipped at least 15,000 items via USPS...for the price, you can't beat the service.
I'm in Houston, and once had a small 1st Class (not Priority) package delivered to Hawaii in 2 days.
Just saying...
Now to your situation...if the delivery time given was a 9 day window, that obviously was not being shipped via Priority Mail...that would have been a THREE day window at worst.
When you accepted that window, you accepted HOWEVER it came...it happened to come USPS.
Before you even paid, you had the option to contact the seller and make other, faster arrangements.
You mentioned automotive part...that could have weighed from 5oz to 50lbs.
If it weighed a lot, you would have likely paid $1/lb or more for EXPEDITED delivery. Even then, USPS would have been the cheapest, depending on your location.
Shipping ain't rocket science once you have a few facts...
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

1. Its cheaper
2.Its easier to send out (a post office is easier to find then a UPS store or FedEx office)
3.Since most buyers aren't willing to pay extra most sellers wont offer it
4. USPS also has faster options like priority mail express (overnight)

I hope iv answered you
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

What was the question?

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

I ship USPS for the convenience and price. Since FedEx changed shipping dynamics to cost based on size of package instead of weight, it is more costly to ship that way.

Plus, did you know that FedEx Smartpost hands off their packages to USPS for final delivery anyway? Plus, they are just as slow as USPS Parcel Select. FedEx Home Delivery is quicker, but sellers have to drive packages to a drop off. Many do not live near one.

USPS Priority or Express mail is pretty fast, dependable, and convenient. Next time, just ask your seller to upgrade shipping to one of these methods and send you an invoice. 

Cecily
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

It's much cheaper. When fees are based on shippng so why would a seller want to pay Ebay higher fees then are necessary. Ex: I sell large lots od children clothes that can be shipped cheaply via USPS in priority flat rate boxes. These would cost shipping from $13.70 to about $30 this way. Going through UPS or Fedex would probably cost the buyer $85+. Which would you like to pay? I know from experience that buyers love lower shipping rates.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

This thread is 21 months old.

find a lock for it.  nothing more to be said.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

ya have a bee in yer bonnet?

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

ya have a bee in yer bonnet?

You bet, and a bug.................

Old threads are fine to be there to be read, but do not need to be bumped back up with repeated yammering when they are this old Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

My answer is why would anyone not choose USPS.

I am having problems with my Jeep so today I am home. Yesterday while at work I had my mail delivered. I had a certified, not home so I received a 3849. No problem, I switched vehicles  to my left hand drive personal vehicle and popped into town and picked it up. Easy peasy.

I also received a door tag INSIDE MY MAILBOX WHICH IS ILLEGAL, from FedEx. No tracking number and the terminal is over and hour away. no way to get it before they close. I call today to see when it will be delivered, I can't track it because the driver did not include tracking number on tag, so the best they could give me is BEFORE 8 PM!!!!! I swear if he just shoves another door tag in my mailbox I will track him down and make sure his ears are ringing for days.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply