cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS sending to Mail recovery center, then stating unrecoverable. 2 this month.

Is anyone else having this issue with USPS this month. We have had two that have not been returned to us & this latest one was sent to the mail recovery center. We use 4X6 stick on labels and I tape clear tape across the address.  It states that it could not be delivered or returned.   This is getting to be an issue.  With Ground Advantage it is supposed to have $100 insurance. Every time you try to file for your valued item it kicks back with an error.

We do everything we can to insure good products and good service.  

Is anyone else having an issue?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: USPS sending to Mail recovery center, then stating unrecoverable. 2 this month.

USPS has been a disaster for me the last several months. Here’s another one that’s headed for disaster (this one is supposed to be delivered to Miami):

IMG_4810.png

IMG_4811.jpeg

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Re: USPS sending to Mail recovery center, then stating unrecoverable. 2 this month.

Hi: sure !    The 6th district  USPS  Consumer service's for  Southern Ca.   agent Rep   I had a phone with  to me I should file with  the Postal Inspector's office  to look into the bouncing  of  my Package   and to find out why the shipping containers where not unloaded   completely at the sorting center  that handle's the P.O. s in my neck of the woods   a long with  find out   about  missed  sent to wrong P.O. issues .     The P.O.  I  use  still hasn't gotten a new Post master  after the other one left  for retirement  5 months ago.   

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

So, I received a letter today from the Postal service.  My package had been found open and with the label attached. I received a letter as well as the label. But, all contents are gone. I know need to file to try and retrieve my product or file a claim since Ground Advantage has $100. Coverage.

Now the weird part; I wrap my products in tissue paper currently eBay brand tissue paper, tape it and add Thank you stickers. I also tape the package down on the back flap.  This is a total mystery.

I still have not received the other return now 10 days later that was a return from USPS.

So, we will see where this leads.

Keep watch, keep tracking.

Have a good night.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

What type of packaging did you use? A box, an envelope, a Tyvek mailer...?

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

The letter I received took me to USPS Missing mail. Where I had the opportunity to provide the tracking, description of the item and a photo. There is no guarantees. But they will try and find it and return it to me. If not then we file for value.  So, that is where I am at with this.

Keep an eye on your tracking. Not quite sure how this all happened being as this was completely wrapped, sealed, and taped up. So we shall see.

Best wishes everyone.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@frecklesfinery88 wrote:

So, I received a letter today from the Postal service.  My package had been found open and with the label attached. I received a letter as well as the label. But, all contents are gone. I know need to file to try and retrieve my product or file a claim since Ground Advantage has $100. Coverage.

Now the weird part; I wrap my products in tissue paper currently eBay brand tissue paper, tape it and add Thank you stickers. I also tape the package down on the back flap.  This is a total mystery.

I still have not received the other return now 10 days later that was a return from USPS.

So, we will see where this leads.

Keep watch, keep tracking.

Have a good night.

The mystery is finding out who at the USPS opened your package and kept what was in it for themselves. That's the total mystery. 

I've received a letter in a plastic bag from the USPS, years ago. One of their machines shredded the envelope and the letter inside, but they still delivered it to me inside their own plastic bag with a note from them stating that it had been inadvertently shredded. 

I presume your package could have been inadvertently damaged and that caused it to open, but the contents would still be there, even if damaged; and, it would all either be delivered to your buyer with a note about the damage or returned to you with same. I smell a thief. 

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@ltldpr wrote:

I presume your package could have been inadvertently damaged and that caused it to open, but the contents would still be there, even if damaged; and, it would all either be delivered to your buyer with a note about the damage or returned to you with same. I smell a thief. 

Not necessarily. I had one once where the seller shipped a shirt in an manila envelope-- the envelope got torn open and the shirt fell out and I received the envelope in a bag with a note apologizing for the damage. I contacted the USPS and provided them a description of the item that had been inside the envelope and about a week later I received the shirt in the mail courtesy of USPS. They were able to use the description I had given them to find the shirt and match it with my address.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

I just had a package that sat in Tennessee for 4 days. From Chattanooga to Nashville. It is supposed to be in Boca Raton FL yesterday.  So, I am tracking it as well.  I am having trouble understanding this 2024 USPS. Anyone else?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I used an eBay marked large vinyl mailer. Inside the item was wrapped in eBay tissue paper, taped and stickered. I received back the but out label from the postal service.  So I will wait to see what I get in return from filing the missing item report.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

What is the tracking information   for   Nashville sorting  center? 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Frecklesfinery  USPS  case   reminded me of Simler   issue  I had with UPS  several years   ago  over   1 package that ended up  at their UT lost and found  opened up with have the items missing   while  second   package  went missing  out of 20  over size 1  category  packages  going to a friend   of mine  . It was wired  Because I shipped from Ca. to Az .   UPS refused to pay for the missing items out of the opened  box   unless I agree to right it off as total  loss then they would  pay a  insurance  claim on it ,  Which I thought was B'S  .  I got the insurance  on the lost package   and they sent me back the package  that was half full.   I inspected the box when I got it back  and label was  readable   in great  shape . Packaging tape had been cut opened  do to employee theft   . 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Update: So, they replied to me today by email. They cannot find my item, never stated anything about the $100 insurance for my item described in Ground advantage. I am very discouraged with USPS this year. We're paying more in everything and this is just not okay. It has been almost 2 months since I shipped my item, I filled out all the paperwork and replied to all the information needed for my missing item. I fully refunded the buyer and the Item is gone, and it sounds like it is all a loss. 

Beware, we have been tracking all our packages since first quarter. We lost 2 packages in USPS 1st quarter.

Best wishes

Message 27 of 27
latest reply