cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS rate increase on Ebay shipping Monday 1-10-2022?

First Class Package postage charges increased by 11% on Monday January 10, 2022 verses today January 8, 2022 when using Ebay shipping.   Is there a new rate increase that I don't know about?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: USPS rate increase on Ebay shipping Monday 1-10-2022?

Rates increase tomorrow (link). USPS raises rates every January (announced every October) and starting this year they'll be increased every July, as well (I assume the announcement will come in April).

The eBay announcement includes info about UPS and FedEx increases, too.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the info and links.  We are so screwed as usual. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

...Also some new rules for April...

1. Parcels that exceed 22 inches but not greater than 30 inches in length, add $4.00. (Effective April 3, 2022)
  2. Parcels that exceed 30 inches in length, add $15.00. (Effective April 3, 2022)
  3. Parcels that exceed 2 cubic feet (3456 cubic inches), add $15.00. (Effective April 3, 2022)

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It actually went into effect today, 09 Jan 2022, Sunday. And the rate is charged according to the ship date you picked, not the date you printed the label.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@abletronics1 wrote:

Thanks for the info and links.  We are so screwed as usual. 

@abletronics1 

Not too badly yet. Busy with revisions, for sure...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Dec 22 eBay "announcements" had this.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Important-Update-2022-shipping-carrier-rate-changes/ba-p...

Rates have gone up every January for years.

I post the "online label" zoned 1st Class prices near my computer, and at my packaging table.

rate chart 2022    a.jpg

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

And here's another to watch out for.

NEW – STARTING APRIL 2022: There will be a $1.50 fee for packages that are greater than one cubic foot

or have a box length greater than 22 inches if the customer did not provide dimensions

or provided inaccurate dimensions inside the online postage provider

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

They must have decided that too many sellers were playing "Catch me if you can" with the APV system.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I've been selling and shipping a single CD (small flat envelope under 2 oz.) for over 20 years. The price for First Class was around $3.20 for domestic or international shipping Including delivery confirm up until sometime in the past year. It has now increased over 350% to a minimum of $14.96. This is unbelievable and I now am going to have stop shipping international after all these years of zero issues. The present system even rejects UK addresses because they're "too long". UNBELIEVABLE! 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Sounds like you were using First Class flat ("Large envelope")  for your international shipping, but that class no longer permits merchandise, only documents, so you have to pay for First Class Package.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I'm actually sending documents on a CD and choosing the documents category. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I think that "documents" in this case means only traditional paper stuff.  The overview page specifically excludes "CDs, DVDs, flash drives, video and cassette tapes, and other digital and electronic storage media (regardless of whether they are blank or contain electronic documents or other prerecorded media)".

https://blog.stamps.com/2017/12/26/important-usps-making-changes-first-class-mail-international-flat...

Message 13 of 13
latest reply