cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS package stuck at “Processing Through USPS Facility”

Greetings fellow sellers! I shipped an item on April 9th via USPS and all was going well until April 13th when it was scanned as “Processed Through USPS Facility.” Then there were several “In Transit to the Next Facility,” then the same message with “Arriving Late” added. On Sunday, April 21st, it was again listed as “Processed Through USPS Facility” at exact same location as a week ago.”  Monday at 12:00am it was even scanned as In transit, Arriving Late” with no scans since. This has never happened to me and so have a ton of questions. The buyer has understandably opened a INR on Monday. I responded to the buyer asking if we can give it a few more days. Buyer responded asking for a replacement (“still wants the item.”) I am able to send a replacement and that is better for me vs. a refund.

1) Does this have anything to do with the pinned notice that USPS is having problems?

2) How long do I have to ship the replacement?

3) Can I ship the replacement through eBay so they know it’s definitely being handled or do I ship it on my own and just send the buyer the new tracking number?

4) If I do send the replacement on my own, how do I keep eBay from “stepping in” and issuing a refund even though I messaged the buyer a new tracking number?

I have more questions but I’ll hold off on those as some of the answers you may provide may nullify them.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You do NOT just ship another one.

What I would do is

a.) contact buyer, tell them you are refunding (and then refund- telling them what happened with USPS)

b.) 3 weeks from USPS pickup date, open a 'missing mail with USPS' (if Priority)

c.) tell buyer they can 'buy another' if they'd like

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You do NOT just ship another one.

What I would do is

a.) contact buyer, tell them you are refunding (and then refund- telling them what happened with USPS)

b.) 3 weeks from USPS pickup date, open a 'missing mail with USPS' (if Priority)

c.) tell buyer they can 'buy another' if they'd like

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

USPS has been having problems at various processing centers. Where I live one of the facilities in Charlotte, NC WERE REPLACING ALL THEIR sorting equipment and the postal worker were literally outside the building hand sorting packages. Apparently this is happening at many other facilities at different points. Go to USPS.com and file a missing mail search/form and that will get sent right away and within 3 days you will get a response from them. THIS GETS THEM SEARCHING FOR THE MISPLACED package. If you are going to send a replacement you can do a package intercept on the first one but it will cost you about 30 bucks last I did it. If you do not mind that the original package makes it there along with a replacement and you just refund the first, but then they will get both items free if you do not charge them again for the replacement. It’s up to you. I had one package take a month to get to me.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply