cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS lost package, Refund Given, Negative Feedback Left

So the title says it all.  I sent an item to the buyer.  The tracking information says it "left facility" over a week ago and the item is now 2 weeks late.  The seller wrote me several nasty emails...even after I refunded her for the purchase.  Recently she left me negative feedback.  Is there anything I can do here?  USPS lost the package and I refunded her.  Can't understand why its my fault USPS lost the package, espeically since I sent a refund.

Also I reached out to the customer to explain the issue and she will not write me back or take down the negative feedback.  Anything else I can do?  thank you.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: USPS lost package, Refund Given, Negative Feedback Left

This is a horrible situation since you shipped within your handling time and through no fault of your own USPS looses the packageAND the buyer is unfair andunreasonable!   Call CS and have them remove this feedback. They'll be able to see any and all correspondence between you and the buyer and the refund. If  you get a rep that won't do this , just call back and get another rep.  Good luck and happy holidays!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

USPS lost a package of mine also. It got to Ybor, FL facility and stayed there. My customer and I both watched it and watched it, it never moved from there.  About a week after that, I received a package I was expecting. It was all beat up and had been sliced with a knife. The carrier simply put it in my mailbox exactly like that! It was empty but was supposed to contain a $75 sterling silver necklace. I called to report it and the lady told me that there was an "issue" in Ybor. Someone was stealing and they were trying to get to the bottom of it.  Meanwhile, these items were not insured, so, that was that. 

Right now I am watching a package I sent to California from FL...according to tracking, it's in Honolulu. (really?)

I'm sorry your customer gave you a negative, that is not right! I hope eBay will remove it for you. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Call CS and have them remove this feedback.

Why would eBay remove the feedback?   Nothing about it qualifies for removal.   I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask, but I don't think they will. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Some people get mad when they don't get things they paid for even if they do get a refund in the end. Obviously it isn't your fault the package was lost, but as long as a buyer did not lose a case against you they are allowed to leave feedback.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

The unfortunate thing is that some people will always try to assign blame and vent frustration in the most absolute form available.  Best to stop contacting this buyer as they seem only interested in exacting a pound of flesh.  Try to contact ebay and ask them to review the messages that you had sent and received.  Send screenshots to eBay CS on Facebook and Twitter.  Perhaps they can help you.  We are currently refunding Canadian customers for items not delivered.  Aapparently, according to a couple customers, it is our fault that there are labour issues between Canada Post and their unionized employees.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@blueapples_22 wrote:

So the title says it all.  I sent an item to the buyer.  The tracking information says it "left facility" over a week ago and the item is now 2 weeks late.  The seller wrote me several nasty emails...even after I refunded her for the purchase.  Recently she left me negative feedback.  Is there anything I can do here?  USPS lost the package and I refunded her.  Can't understand why its my fault USPS lost the package, espeically since I sent a refund.

Also I reached out to the customer to explain the issue and she will not write me back or take down the negative feedback.  Anything else I can do?  thank you.

If I was you I would leave a reply to the feedback. "I'm sorry. USPS lost your item. I refunded you. There is nothing else I can do."

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@blueapples_22 wrote:

Can't understand why its my fault USPS lost the package, espeically since I sent a refund.

Not saying this is true in your case, but sometimes the sender is indeed at fault when the USPS (or other carriers) lose a package.

If the seller doesn't package adequately, the package may be destroyed and undeliverable.  If the seller doesn't properly label with legible ship to and ship from addresses, or if the label isn't properly attached and subsequently gets lost, the package may be undeliverable.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Under seller protection -- this is a carrier disruption issue ( USPS lost the package) sellers are protected from 3rd party mishaps.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

"Under seller protection -- this is a carrier disruption issue ( USPS lost the package) sellers are protected from 3rd party mishaps"

False.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

So i thought I would follow up...this story has a happy ending.  Seems days later...i decided to reach out one more time with a feedback change request and made on last plea...and the customer said they were sorry and understood and ended up leaving me positive feedback.  I'm thankful but this whole ordeal was a little nuts!  Happy Holidays all!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Nice to see there are happy endings on Ebay.  Not a great time to be shipping things at the moment. USPS seems to be very very backed up and late this season.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply