cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Problems

First I had a shipment in November where i had cancelled a shipping label and was never refunded the cost. Then a few weeks ago I dropped of a first class shipment and nothing. Tracking number was never scanned. So I went to the main post office in Indianapolis to find out about it. They said it was there somewhere, but they could not tell me exactly where. It has never showed up. Is there anything I can do through eBay to get help with these issues? Is there anything I need to do at USPS? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: USPS Problems

When you dropped off the first class package did you get a scan receipt?

Getting a scan receipt insures that you get at least an acceptance scan.
Or did you just toss it in a bin?

When I bring packages to the post office I always get a scan receipt. Or I schedule a pickup when I have a good number of packages the postal carrier scans at pick up from my house. 
If you voided a label in November it would show as a credit in your transaction history, refunds from USPS usually take 2 - 3 weeks. I’ve always received refunds on voided labels.
I doubt eBay can help you with your post office issues.

Is there anything you need to do at USPS ..yes, when you take your packages to the PO wait for a scan receipt. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I filed a postal claim for my missing package after 3 weeks no scan activity no update but then again I sent it registered & insured.

Then after nothing in 3 weeks they located after my filing a claim the missing package in a different borough of nyc.

It moved from Manhattan to Queens on way to Louisiana!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@john9779 wrote:

Then a few weeks ago I dropped of a first class shipment and nothing. Tracking number was never scanned. So I went to the main post office in Indianapolis to find out about it. They said it was there somewhere, but they could not tell me exactly where. It has never showed up. Is there anything I can do through eBay to get help with these issues? Is there anything I need to do at USPS? 

eBay will not help you locate a package that you dropped off at the post office that was never scanned. 

When you say you "dropped it off", what exactly does that mean? Did you hand it to a clerk, or did you just leave it on a counter or in a bin?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

What was the outcome of that transaction?  I remember you posting about it towards the end of last year. 

Over a year ago I sold a printer to a customer who lived about 7 miles from where I am located in the next city.  I'm in KC.  The printer wound up in Des Moines Iowa and sat there for over 3 weeks.  The buyer contacted me looking for their item which they should have received next day.  It finally got to them, but I'm pretty sure its the reason I'm not a top seller anymore.  Just sharing...Last Monday I had no pick up again in my neighborhood. It happens a lot and It can be frustrating especially when the customer expects it in the time frame that you post and you're expecting USPS to do their job. 

Hope you're staying warm in NYC.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@luckythewinner 

What was the outcome of that transaction?  I remember you posting about it towards the end of last year. 
Hope you're staying warm in NYC.

No idea why this is directed at me. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

My package cost the buyer $1100. & it was a Christmas present 🎁 from her husband to her.

I waited on a very long (always nasty!) line to ship it registered, insured with signature confirmation.  It got scanned November 29.  It then disappeared no nothing, scan, movement, anything postal whatsoever for 3 weeks until I filed a claim for $1200.

All the time I was communicating with the buyer while she was so anxious with so much money on the line.  They finally located it after nothing for 3 weeks in Queens, New York about 8 miles away & happily it took off on its way down to Louisiana.

Buyer was so relieved.  She didn’t get it for Christmas but diamond ring arrived for her New Year’s.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

Sorry Lucky...It was meant for @jewelbiz 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Always take the time to get your packages scanned and a receipt. The time you take to do so will save you time, stress, and possibly having to give a full refund if the package never shows delivered. 

You stated that you dropped off package expecting it to be scanned, but then had to go the main post office in downtown Indianapolis to report. That had to cost time, gas, and maybe even a parking fee. 

Postal employees are stressed out / understaffed and there are some who think 'the next person who handles the package will scan', but sometimes it never happens until it finally shows delivered because the carrier took the time to scan as they are trained to do. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@john9779  eBay has no control on how a seller delivers their packages to the post office, if u did not get an acceptance scan at the time of drop off, u have no proof of delivering to post office unless they scan it on their own, whenever and if ever.

open a 'where's my package' case on the usps website

Message 10 of 10
latest reply