cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Package Acceptance Pending, Item location says USA but its in China Why does Ebay allow this

My tracking says

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BENSENVILLE, IL 60106

The auction item location says USA so I ordered, late on I see the seller FB says China. What these sellers are doing is misleading items location and Ebay allows it.

I called the Bensenville IL Post Office and they said Over seas Ebay sellers have a Ebay Warehouse in the USA and they claim my package is at and the P.O. marks it "accepted but pending". In real truth the P.O. Rep told me the Post Office does not have the package, its still in China. Ebay China seller somehow can mark the P.O. tracking as accepted by the P.O. which is a LIE.

Ebay accepts the tracking as being accepted by the P.O. when the item is still in China, this is a scam and ebay will not do anything about it.

CHina sellers are misleading the items location making buyers think its in the USA and get it fast when its really in China and will take a long time to get package

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: USPS Package Acceptance Pending, Item location says USA but its in China Why does Ebay allow thi

Are you checking the shipping details on the listing to see how long it takes the pkg to be delivered to you? That usually tells the tale, along with negative feedbacks indicating the item is in China.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: USPS Package Acceptance Pending, Item location says USA but its in China Why does Ebay allow thi

@smallyscorner wrote:

Package Acceptance Pending
BENSENVILLE, IL 60106

Ebay China seller somehow can mark the P.O. tracking as accepted by the P.O. which is a LIE.

Ebay accepts the tracking as being accepted by the P.O.

Reading is fundamental.

Also, item location and seller location are not synonymous: The seller on Uranus can still ship from Bentonville.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The problem I see is Ebay allows Sellers in CHina to list items on US Ebay and the location as USA. That is my complaint because is misleading.  And the P.O. tracking is also misleading and that's the P.O. fault.

The P.O. Rep told me exactly how they work it and how a package can seemingly set in limbo at the P.O. when its not there. The tracking says Acceptance Pending but the package has not be accepted by the P.O.. When the crate full of ebay package arrives from China the warehouse sorts all the package that where in the crate then takes them to the P.O.. That's when the tracking will post USPS accepted the package.

Ebay looking at the tracking thinks the package has be accepted within the 24 hr time frame to ship but the shipping process started in China and the P.O. does not have the package, to me its all unacceptiable.  And Ebay should make them put the item location in China not the USA

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@smallyscorner wrote:

And Ebay should make them put the item location in China not the USA

eBay policy DOES say that the item location must be correct. 

Enforcement is the issue.  How would eBay know where the item really is?  If the seller lies, how will eBay know?

Until the buyer gets the item or a tracking number shows that the package didn't come from the location claimed on the listing, there usually is no  way of knowing whether the seller is telling the truth on the Item Location or not.

The clues usually show up in a seller's feedback if he is lying about Item Location.  Prospective buyers should always look at all the available info before purchasing - avoid the problem before it happens, rather than try to get eBay to  help after it's underway.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What they do is get a US address like a warehouse and use it to get a US ebay account. Now on this sellers FB page it says China. They use this US address to create a US ebay account and use it to create ship labels. That way when tracking info starts it gives a US Cities address instead of China.

Example is below, the tracking on my package. What is hidden from the tracking is why my package is acceptance pending. Its because somehow the P.O. tracking is updated by this seller as being at a US warehouse(not owned by the P,O,) awaiting deliever to a actual P.O.. But its not actually in the warehouse its in route from CHina to that warehouse.

November 21, 2019, 3:32 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BENSENVILLE, IL 60106 
Your shipment was received at 3:32 pm on November 21, 2019 in BENSENVILLE, IL 60106. The acceptance of your package is pending.

November 20, 2019, 8:44 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BENSENVILLE, IL 60106         

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

In my last post the tracking says," Your shipment was received at 3:32 pm on November 21, 2019 in BENSENVILLE, IL 60106. The acceptance of your package is pending. "

What the Bensenville P.O. Rep told me that all means is the US P.O. at Bensenville does not have my package its at a Ebay warehouse in Bensenville and since they do not have it they have no idea if its really at this ebay warehouse.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply