cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage... I am so confused....

We offer Free Shipping on all but a handful of our items. We usually list as economy shipping which gives us options. Most often we ship media mail or 1st class (small box).

I don't think we'll need to change our listings. True?

More concerned is the jumbling up of 1st class package, Priority, etc... Has anyone figured out how this will impact prices for 1st class packages?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: USPS Ground Advantage... I am so confused....

It's still showing in the one listing that you have in the Books category. All of your other books are in the Collectibles category.  In an effort to reduce the abuse of Media Mail, eBay has been blocking the purchase of MM labels in many categories where most items are not eligible. Your situation indicates that eBay might have taken the next step, and blocked users from offering MM in their listings in those categories. Are you sure you listed with MM?

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Then why did ebay remove it from all of my books listings? 

I can only find one book listing of yours in the books category (Books, Movies & Music > Books & Magazines > Books), and that one is correctly showing Media Mail.

Do you have books listed in categories for items that generally do not qualify for Media Mail?

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

IMG_2358.jpeg

 Everyone saying rates for first class will be unchanged…. However when listing a 12 ounce package today these were my options. It appears ground advantage is significantly more . 

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

If you apply the change you'll see correct rates on the live listing. That old info is an error with the listing form, but it won't translate to the live listing.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Do you know if they've straightened this out yet? I'm still seeing the same thing you did here. 

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

@my_old_stuff_for_sale wrote:

 Everyone saying rates for first class will be unchanged…. However when listing a 12 ounce package today these were my options. It appears ground advantage is significantly more . 

The listing form has not been updated. It's still showing the old rates for Parcel Select Ground, not the new rates for Ground Advantage. So that's the old postage price for 1 pound via Parcel Select.  

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

I just checked the listing form, and it's still using the old rates, even for Priority.

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

I also was confused and called eBay twice. My understanding is that First Class on eBay has been eliminated and replaced by Ground Advantage. Upside being all Ground Advantage packages are also insured to $100 at no additional charge. I started changing my listings and what I note is that the lowest price for Ground Advantage is $6.99, whereas the lowest price previously for First Class was about $3.50. Despite the upside of the insurance and the fact that Ground Advantage is relatively fast and lower priced than Priority Mail and can be used for heavier items as well (whereas First Class was less than 1 pound only), the increase in postage on low ticket items will make Ground Advantage unattractive for low ticket items. I was told that one can still use First Class through the Post Office or other service and then upload the tracking number, rather than printing an eBay label (but I love eBay's label service). Overall, it appears to me that Ground Advantage will be a significant to benefit Buyers and Sellers on items 1 pound and over.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

@sha-fi wrote: .... I started changing my listings and what I note is that the lowest price for Ground Advantage is $6.99, whereas the lowest price previously for First Class was about $3.50.....

No, that is a glitch because eBay hasn't updated the listing form. It's still showing the old rates, so you're seeing the price for 1 pound via Parcel Select.  Prices for packages up to 15.999 haven't changed; if you go ahead with that listing, you'll see the correct price in the listing itself even though the listing form numbers are obsolete.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

All of them were created by copying the initial listing, so yes, they were all originally under books and had MM. It's possible that they all got shuffled into other categories when the change happened last year, or whenever that was, and I just didn't catch it.  When I talked to the rep about it, even she didn't notice that. She just said that it was no longer an option. After seeing what you wrote, that's probably why. You were such a big help. Thank you!!! 

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Thanks for responding. nobody*s_perfect seems to have figured it out.  Some of them seem to be in the wrong ebay categories now, so they don't qualify. Even an agent didn't catch that.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

here's another   "what's going on thing".

Why oh why is it not showing the estimated time for "Priority" mail.   Just a second line for PS/GA.

no Priority estimated date estimate.jpg

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Good grief ! IMHO that deserves its own thread with a callout to eBay staff. 

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect @buyselljack2016 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Shipping-Service-Display-Error-on-Shippin...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Thanks. Not surprised that it had been reported. Just had not run across that post. (out of my board lurking time frame 😂)

Message 30 of 35
latest reply