cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage... I am so confused....

We offer Free Shipping on all but a handful of our items. We usually list as economy shipping which gives us options. Most often we ship media mail or 1st class (small box).

I don't think we'll need to change our listings. True?

More concerned is the jumbling up of 1st class package, Priority, etc... Has anyone figured out how this will impact prices for 1st class packages?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

True; you don't need to change anything. Think of this change as First Class being absorbed into Parcel Select Ground, which is economy shipping. You're already there!

Prices for First Class packages are not going to change.  Here are links to the current and new rates.  IIRC, cost for Media Mail is going up about 5 - 10%.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/July%202023%20Price%20Change%2020230526%20-%20Notice123%20...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

True; you don't need to change anything. Think of this change as First Class being absorbed into Parcel Select Ground, which is economy shipping. You're already there!

Prices for First Class packages are not going to change.  Here are links to the current and new rates.  IIRC, cost for Media Mail is going up about 5 - 10%.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/July%202023%20Price%20Change%2020230526%20-%20Notice123%20...

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Now I am really confused.  In your announcement you noted that we would have to change our First Class packages to the new USPS Ground Advantage.  I this response above, you say will not have to change anything?  Does not make sense. Please clarify.  I have most of my packages going First Class, so this would be a huge undertaking if I have to change them all, unless eBay provides some way to change them all at once. 

Thank you

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

I do not work for eBay; I did not make any announcement.  

On July 9, prices for packages up to 15.99 ounces will not change, but the name of the service will change from First Class Package to Ground Advantage.  eBay programmers apparently cannot figure out how to change the shipping sections of sellers' listings, so the eBay announcement that came out earlier today advised sellers that "If you ship with First Class Package, you will be able to update listings to USPS Ground Advantage over the next 30 days. Business policies will also need to be updated."

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@rangeo   bulk editing

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

You don’t have to change anything to now. The labels will be updated automatically. when GA launches. After the 9th, you have 30 days to update your shipping policies and eliminate First Class. Subsequently you will have to update your listings if they specifically state First Class. 

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I think no one knows for sure yet. There will be glitches. Cost is supposed to be close to the same or less in some cases. Time will tell.... 

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

@pooh333piglet wrote: .... Cost is supposed to be close to the same or less in some cases. Time will tell.... 

Costs are known. Here is the new version of Notice 123 which will go into effect on July 9.  Prices for weights up to 15.99 ounces are unchanged.  Above that weight, some zone/weight combinations will increase a little, and others decrease.

https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/July%202023%20Price%20Change%2020230627%20-%20Notice123%20...

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

@rangeo wrote:

Now I am really confused.  In your announcement you noted that we would have to change our First Class packages to the new USPS Ground Advantage.  I this response above, you say will not have to change anything?  Does not make sense. Please clarify.  I have most of my packages going First Class, so this would be a huge undertaking if I have to change them all, unless eBay provides some way to change them all at once. 

Thank you

Response was to a seller that does not specify 1st Class shipping as the shipping method.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Just to make sure I understand everything about ground advantage. It is the exact same as first class package, except it has a different name?  And we just need to change the name when we put it in our listings?  Is this correct?

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@mozartbach1971 wrote: ... ground advantage. It is the exact same as first class package, except it has a different name?  And we just need to change the name when we put it in our listings?  Is this correct?

I think so.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

I use the listing software Wonderlister and I asked them if they are going to update their program however they have not contacted me back. Does anyone else use a listing software? Did they say they are going to change the first class in their system?

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

I too usually ship 1st class, small boxes and envelopes, or have free shipping. Media mail is going away.

Unfortunately, I think that you will have to change all of your listings to the new option of USPS Ground, but you will have 30 days from July 9th to do it. The good news is that the prices for the smaller packages do not seem to be changing. I'm attaching a screen shot of the prices below 15.99 ozs., so you can see it. I too have a lot of listings so I'm not looking forward to this, at all. The bulk tool seems to be our only option. Too bad ebay didn't give us a chance to start changing them ahead of time. I'm expecting this is going to be very glitchy when it comes to printing labels and the system will be overwhelmed with sellers doing bulk edits. This may be better for the post office but it's going to be a major headache for marketplace and online sellers. Initially anyway. Good luck to you!

Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 1.59.39 PM.png

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Media Mail is not going away.

A link to the final approved rate chart was provided above, so you don't have to rely on the draft from May.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Then why did ebay remove it from all of my books listings? 

Message 15 of 35
latest reply