cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage. How fast is it?

I always assumed that First Class packages were shipped by air, since they went faster than Media Mail and other slower methods. Now we are told that there no longer First Class Mail. It was changed to "USPS Ground Advantage".  The name itself tells us which  way packages will be shipped. By horse? If we thought First Class was slow, let's wait and see what happens with Ground Advantage.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: USPS Ground Advantage. How fast is it?

What type of sorting machines did USPS take out:

"The most important machine being removed is the Delivery Bar Code Sorter machines (DBCS). These machines are vital because they do the majority of mail sorting for the entire USPS. They process most of the envelope mail"

Sorting machines that sort envelope mail, not packages.

What type of sorting machines has USPS installed recently?

November 22, 2022
"The U.S. Postal Service said Monday it has completed a near two-year project to install 249 package processing machines nationwide.

The new machines, 137 of them installed so far in 2022, will boost the Postal Service’s daily peak-season parcel processing capacity to 60 million pieces. That’s compared to 53 million pieces during the 2021 peak, the agency said."

As for speed of delivery, the majority of my first class packages and parcel select ground were delivered to zones 7 and 8 in 2 or 3 business days. This was before ground advantage. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Is Ebay reflecting the new ADVANTAGE slower service in the get it by dates?

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Ground Advantage is the same as first class mail has been after that horrible Mr. DeJoy (Nojoy for postal customers ) took over.    It's a name change only.    The prices are the same. 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

No they aren’t. I have 1 day handling and usually ship same day. 

the packages are missing the ebay estimates via ground advantage. 

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I'm in Honolulu with misfortune of buying from a seller in NJ on July 9,  very light package shipped on the 10th with estimated delivery of 14.

It was last scanned like 4 days ago around SFO and still hasn't been delivered this is the 21st.  This is nothing like first class which is what was listed when I bought it, and it's also what's listed last time I looked.

Outlier?

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

My first class packages used to arrive in 3 to 4 business days.  On August 9th I shipped what would have previously been a 1st class package, from Michigan to Washington state.  It arrived today… 16 days later.  This is the second time since “the change” that a package has taken waaayyy longer than ever before. 

--
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

It's been slow.  Ebay estimates a package to arrive a day or two (or more) before it actually arrives. It's like they are using the old First Class estimate but the new service is more like the old Parcel ground service.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply