cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Dimensional Rate fees

There are pretty hefty fees for long boxes.  Does anyone know if this applies to the USPS triangle boxes? 

They are free priority boxes from the usps and one is approx. 26" long and the other is approx 38".  Are they going to charge the extra fees when we use their boxes?

If so, this sucks because I have a lot of items that I need to not only change the listing but, also repackage for fedex or ups.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: USPS Dimensional Rate fees

Yes, the surcharge effective April 3rd for packages longer than 22" will apply to USPS triangle boxes. 

You can cut them down to 21" if your item is short enough to fit and avoid the surcharge, but if you do that you should cover up the bar codes so the system doesn't assume the longer length.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This is a confusing one. I've read in multiple places that the non-standard fees will NOT apply to USPS-supplied Priority Mail boxes. However, in other articles, it says it will not apply to USPS Flat Rate boxes (such as the retired LFR Game Box). Other articles mix the terminology freely, mixing "Priority Mail Boxes" and "Flat Rate Boxes" in the same breath. Here's an example:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2021/11/13/new-nonstandard-fees-will-not-apply-to-usps-priority-mail-...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Flat Rate boxes are exactly that - flat rate.

The two non-flat rate priority branded triangular tubes will be subject to surcharges starting April 3rd.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply