cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Delays

Anyone else experiencing USPS delays. Buyer opened a case saying the package was lost but I provided a tracking number saying the package is in transit and I even told the buyer usps is having delays because of covid. But ebay still closed in the buyers favor. It´s as if they never looked at the tracking number.  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: USPS Delays

Nope.

Haven't heard anyone else report any problems......

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes there are delays throughout the country with USPS.  Either high volume, delays, and/or reduced staffing. 

Some areas are more problematic than others. 

Even Priority shipping may arrive late.  All my packages have eventually reached my buyers.  Not one filed a case and most are understanding of the conditions.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Most of my buyers are not understanding and it is tough

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I would keep an eye on the tracking for the item. When it delivers, I would call eBay to appeal. It's worth a try. 

As a seller, I have not seen much delay in packages sent. I have only had one or two arrive a few days late. As a buyer, I have experienced EXTREME delays on multiple items. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes USPS delays have been fairly wide spread for 3-4 weeks now. Most sellers simply don't look at their items after the sale to see that they're arriving late. I ship 10-20 packages daily and at least 10 percent are arriving later than usual. A few of those 10 percent being WAY later than usual. I purchased a cell phone case a couple weeks ago that was scheduled to be delivered 5 days ago and has been at the distribution center 100 miles from me for the last 4 days. I'm not worried, it'll be here when it gets here. However most buyers don't have that same view point. Ebay has instituted "seller protections" related to shipping and made a press release on the 27th. The most frustrating thing about their "seller protections" is they will not be showing defects on your record due to carrier delays as long as you ship on time with tracking BUT should you get a negative or neutral feedback with a comment that says "arrived 4 days after guaranteed date" ebay will NOT remove the feedback.  So that's ebays idea of "seller protection" I suppose. Ebay either needs to temporarily halt their silly "guaranteed delivery" dates or institute true seller protections. It's giving buyers a false impressions that there are no shipping delays with carriers and buyers still have high expectations that are outside of the sellers control.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It's so bad for me, I turned all my inventory to zero. I can't afford the refunds. I'm getting very stressed out by all the buyer messages about their items, and I don't know what to do.  Giving out these refunds and "free" products with free shipping will run me out of business.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I have a Camera in Texas  (still after3 weeks) and a Camera in transit from Canada (shows in San Fran for 1 week not moving) going to Ohio. I hate to have to make the seller eat it but I may have to!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I have noticed that all my media mail and some first class packages are not getting scanned at the post office.

I dropped 7 packages on Monday, 2 of which are media mail. One of the media packages contain a 150 dollar book.  I bought insurance for the book but it was never scanned in. Insurance won't do any good here.

I'm hoping that they'll at least do a delivery scan and not gloss over it like so many postal employees do.

The rest of the packages scanned in 2 days later.

I go to 2 different POs and both are failing to scan media mail.  It hurts my DSRs as it looks like I am not doing my job, even though every thing goes same or next business day.  So frustrating.

I recently had to refund a belt buckle for $143.00 because it sat in one area for weeks. Buyer opened a case then all the tracking information disappeared. I don't know if the guy ever got the buckle.  It was an international shipment which I thought was going through GSP, which all my listings are set for. When I try to track it with the ESUS.... tracking, all the info is mysteriously gone!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Did you file a missing mail case? Was it insured? That is what I just did with my priority mail packaged I shipped. It has been late for over 2 weeks and who knows where it is.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I take mine straight to the counter and watch the clerk scan my Media Mail packages. On the same note, I mailed out books by Media Mail July 20 from NH to  Florida. Sat in Jacksonville, FL for a week now its being processed thru Springfield, MA facility July 31! WTH?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply