cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Advantage Shipping Damage Claim

I recently sold an old radio in a bakelite cabinet. It was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap, air pillows on all sides, fragile. It was received in two pieces. Used the tracking # to file a USPS claim and it shows it's ineligible.

Now what can I do? The buyer said he'll keep it but I did make a 50% refund on his purchase.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: USPS Advantage Shipping Damage Claim

Try doing this:

USPS Insurance Claim 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you ! Not only a frustrating experience, there were issues with their server too. All good now.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you're going to file an insurance claim, you need to give the buyer a full refund.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Per the website:
What does USPS ground advantage insurance cover?

For All Customers
$100 insurance is included (for both outbound and return shipments), and you can purchase up to $5,000 in additional coverage against loss or damage for merchandise. Tracking is included. Pay for postage using stamps, a self-service kiosk, Click-N-Ship® service, or at a Post Office™ location.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I don't doubt that the item was packed well when you shipped it, but I would stay away from air pillows in the future.

Whenever I get a shipment with air pillows, they are often fully or partially deflated and fairly useless as protection against damage. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@lux.ra_14 wrote:

I don't doubt that the item was packed well when you shipped it, but I would stay away from air pillows in the future.

Whenever I get a shipment with air pillows, they are often fully or partially deflated and fairly useless as protection against damage. 

Air pillows are absolutely useless for protection with any sort of heavy item because they really don't do much to absorb impact and will also often deflate, like you said. I only ever use them for non-fragile things such as stuffed animals to keep them from rolling around in the box.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@brought_to_you_buy wrote:
Per the website:
What does USPS ground advantage insurance cover?

For All Customers
$100 insurance is included (for both outbound and return shipments), and you can purchase up to $5,000 in additional coverage against loss or damage for merchandise. Tracking is included. Pay for postage using stamps, a self-service kiosk, Click-N-Ship® service, or at a Post Office™ location.

That's new, they didn't use to insure returns.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 8
latest reply