cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS scanned as delivered I was in Lobby it was NOT delivered

I was anxiously awaiting an eBay package valued at 200.00 I saw the UPS truck show up I ran down to the lobby to grab the package, I chased the UPS driver out the door.  I said do you have a package from eBay.  I looked it was not there.  I waited with the UPS man as there was another UPS driver delivering packages with him across the street.  He came back.  I said my package is not here do you know where it is. I got on the truck and videotaped the driver telling me the package was probably not delivered today.  He claims on video probably Friday.  I go home and to my shock it has been scanned as delivered.  What can I do.  I was there it was NOT delivered! I have called UPS but they will do nothing Im sure

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: UPS scanned as delivered I was in Lobby it was NOT delivered

Contact UPS and ask if the item was delivered to your addy>

If not you will need that in a written form: Note they may not be able to say where item was delivered.

Now questions are what did you order??

What does the weight say on the tracking if it shows??

This sounds like a typical tracking number scam..

You can file if you have proof it was not delivered to your addy.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

So Im replying to my own post.  my item was delivered to the dental office next door.  To UPSs credit, they did contact the UPS guy and notified him of his error.  So the item was redelivered. I KNEW this item was not delivered cuz I was there.    FYI, I contacted Ebay and they don't even have a phone number for the money back guarantee.  Wow,  I though eBay had better phone support but they really don't. So now I better contact the seller and let them know the item was redelivered.  If this was USPS this would not Have happened .  Who thinks USPS is better than UPS? And while am at it, who thinks Fed Ex is better than UPS cuz I also never have problems with them.  I have panic attacks when I found out UPS is delivering something.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The item was delivered to the dental office next door.  UPS. did track down the driver who had to redeliver the 200.00 package (I purchased Square trade so it came to nearly 200). I knew it was misdelivered and what an awful feeling because I know from selling myself the seller can do NOTHING and neither can Ebay.  So at least I was there to prove it was NOT delivered and was somewhere else.  I even videotaped the driver stating he had not delivered it as proof I was There.  thanks. I really prefer USPS cuz this just does not happen with them

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Unfortunately, Misdelivery can happen with any carrier.  I have had it happen with all the major ones.  It's not common though with the holidays there are a lot of temp/ contract people working so, mistakes can happen.  It's part of the business.  I have never been a fan of UPS.  If I can avoid them, I do.  I have had them make more mistakes than most.  I made an order online a couple months ago that got delivered by UPS to an auto shop down the street.  Luckily this is a small town and they just called me to tell me they had one of my packages but, it's certainly frustrating for both the seller and the buyer... because no one legitimate wants to hear that you didnt get your package or even had to be stressed out trying to find it.   

I am glad you found you package.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply