cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking shows delivered to a different town

Today, I checked my ebay and found one of my orders ($200 worth) has delivered, but actually I received nothing.!!!

I checked FedEx tracking and it says: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday , 3/29/2019         7:47 am      STAUNTON,    VA     At local FedEx facility

12:00 am     Delivered          Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I lived in Charlottesville, VA, which means the item has been delivered in another town 400 miles away. 

I also checked the address on the order detail, it is OK, 

Now, I just want my money back as soon as possible, 

I don't know if file an INR will be easy enough to get my money back, since they will 

say: Oh, the tracking shows delivered and it is possible they send out your package to you directly from 

STAUNTON not from local FedEx facility in Charlottesville. 

and that's wired, because most package will arrive at local post in Charlottesville before they are been 

dispatched, and no record on the tracking shows my package has arrived at Charlottesville, it just stop 

at Staunton for a few days and today without any signs, it shows been delivered. How ridiculous!!!

Does any one know a safe and easy way to get my money back, 

since on ebay not the resolution center, they only allow you to return the item. 

1.png

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Tracking shows delivered to a different town

Anyone know how to deal with it?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@xujunnju-4 wrote:

Does any one know a safe and easy way to get my money back, 

since on ebay not the resolution center, they only allow you to return the item. 

If the address on file is correct and tracking shows the item was delivered to another zip code, go to the resolution center (bottom of page) and select: I haven't received it yet, and follow the directions they give.

You don't want to do a return, because you haven't got anything to return.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

First, you need to contact FedEx. Tell them you followed the tracking and they have miss delivered you package. They need to go back and recover your item, any delay in this and it becomes impossible to do. 

Also start an INR claim. IT WILL BE DENIED when they see the delivery scan. Appeal the case and state that FedEx miss delivered it to a different town and you did not receive it.  State that you have already contacted FedEx and tell them what response you have from them.

Hopefully the seller purchased insurance because eBay will hold them accountable even though this is clearly FedEx's fault. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Really worried if I should file an INAD nor INR, 

they never care where the item is shipped to, 

only cares if the tracking shows "Delivered" or not. 

When the tracking shows delivered, they won't check the 

tracking and just denied your INR, and you won't be able to file another case 

if you already opened one. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@xujunnju-4 wrote:

You file an INR ...

@xujunnju-4 wrote:

tracking and just denied your INR

When you file an INR, you are correct ... the software robots (or a lowly-paid customer service minion that barely speaks English) will mindlessly see "delivered" and deny the INR (although, in your case, since it is delivered to a different zip code, your result could be different).  Regardless, if denied, you simply need to remain calm and appeal the decision so that you can get a real customer service representative to look into the situation.

@xujunnju-4 wrote:

.. and just denied your INR, and you won't be able to file another case 

You can file one INR and one SNAD/INAD case per item ... however, if you file a SNAD case first, then you may not be able to file an INR case later.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@xujunnju-4 wrote:

Think about it. If you file an INAD and the seller issues you a return shipping label what are you going to send them back? Air?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

Also start an INR claim. IT WILL BE DENIED when [eBay sees] the delivery scan. Appeal the case and state that FedEx miss delivered it to a different town and you did not receive it.  State that you have already contacted FedEx and tell them what response you have from them.

Hi @Anonymous if the automated eBay decision does not detect that the INR was delivered to the wrong zipcode (for USPS, hybrids) or wrong city (for FedEx, UPS), why would we want that eBay pays for the appeal, while the seller keeps the payment? eBay originally held the seller responsible for correct delivery.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

this STAUNTON,    VA  actually is at a   At local FedEx facility is in STAUNTON,    VA.  but the package should have arrived at your door, maybe even at your door on another planet, lol

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

i just replied to it see your orginal message. i exactly know how to deal with it because it was a me

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xujunnju-4 wrote:

Hi @xujunnju-4, happy to confirm that we do review the delivery city/zip and even if the tracking shows delivered, we will be able to provide a refund if the delivery confirmation is for a different address than the one provided on eBay. Opening an item not received request is your best course of action and if for some reason we miss the delivery location in our review, you can appeal to have this resolved.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

what I find strange is that the delivery was at midnight 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Yes, that's also a point, actually I waited for whole day at home 

but never see a man knock my door or leave my package at the front door, 

the truth is no one has ever come to my home on the day which the tracking shows "delivered"

the tracking itself is quite problematic: 

if the delivery time means to be at noon 12:00pm, actually they don't send package at that time, 

they usually come at afternoon around 1:00pm, at noon, emm, they should be 

having lunch, if it means at midnight, that's not even possible. 

what's more the delivery time is so O'clock 0:00, just like the delivery man has to come to some place

and wait there, constantly check his watch and scan the label at the very right second! quite wired....

-------------------------------------------

But thank you all, I have opened the INR case, and I will escalate case at April 9. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for your help. 

I have opened an INR case, the seller responded but didn't offer a refund, 

I will escalate the case at April 9,

I have carefully checked the tracking, there is a map with a pin point located at STAUNTON 

which shows the location of where the package is given a delivery scan, it is in Staunton, 

not in my town of Charlottesville. What's more the delivery time (0:00) is also looks like a fake one. 

map.png

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@xujunnju wrote:

Does any one know a safe and easy way to get my money back,  since on ebay not the resolution center, they only allow you to return the item.

@xujunnju wrote:

I have opened an INR case, the seller responded but didn't offer a refund,  I will escalate the case at April 9,

How did you get eBay to allow you to open an INR case?

Message 15 of 16
latest reply